A Living Legacy for Future Generations
As a forest owner, you are more than just a guardian or investor—you are
a steward of forest conservation. With proper forest management you can
pursue timber harvesting goals while ensuring the continued health and
productivity of your land.
Forest management practices allow a forest to produce maximum benefits,
whether for harvesting, aesthetics, or environmental habitats and
Forest Management Can Help You:
- Improve your woodland’s income potential.
- Develop recreational value.
- Provide a better wildlife habitat.
- Enhance your property’s natural beauty.
Glatfelter’s team of foresters can guide you through the forest management and
timber sales process. We will assist you in making smart forest management
decisions while meeting your timber harvest objectives. Dedicated to
, Glatfelter is committed to promoting proper land
stewardship and maintaining a healthy and productive forest.
Forest Management and Timber Sales Process
Glatfelter will work with you to:
- Identify your objectives and goals.
- Evaluate current woodland conditions.
- Recommend steps to improve your forest resources.
- Prepare your timber for sale including a proposal, harvest plan, tree
marking, and road design.
- Put together a contract, obtain permits, and provide a schedule for
executing the plan.
- Complete the harvesting and seeding.
- Oversee site retirement at harvest completion.
Forests require active management.
is a key element in the practice of silviculture (science and practice of
establishing, managing, and reproducing forests). A well-managed harvest and
coordinating forest management plan can help keep your trees healthy,
attractive, and valuable to maximizing your future timber sales