Accounts Payable Adminstrator
Glatfelter is a leading global supplier of engineered materials and is seeking to hire an Accounts Payable Administrator to work at its corporate headquarters in Charlotte, North Carolina. We are seeking an ambitious performer willing to grow with the company, take on new responsibilities, and advance professionally.
The Accounts Payable Administrator will process vendor invoices timely, accurately, and in accordance with our internal controls and established procedures, and perform basic accounting duties to support Corporate Accounting.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures invoices to be processed for payment are valid, approved by authorized personnel, entered on the appropriate vendor with pre-approved payment terms, applied to the correct purchase order and receiving document, and are accurately coded to the proper general ledger accounts.
- Collaborates with personnel in Purchasing and other departments to obtain approvals and other pertinent information needed for processing vendor invoices, and to investigate vendor inquiries.
- Possesses a thorough knowledge of pertinent Company internal controls and policies regarding employee and vendor disbursements, and of the Company’s accounts payable systems and related payment guidelines.
- Performs basic accounting duties and special projects as assigned.
- Education – Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university, with a major in Finance/Accounting.
- Computer Skills – Experience with SAP or equivalent ERP system is strongly preferred. Proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Highly detail-oriented, organized, and thorough. Commited to meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work independently to investigate differences identified between vendor invoice, purchase order, and receiving documents, and to collaborate with employees in appropriate functional areas to resolve problems.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, and interpersonal competencies that adhere to our core values and foster strong working relationships with direct co-workers and other employees, vendors, and stakeholders.
If you are interested in this role, please apply on Glatfelter’s website to be considered. Please do not reach out to executives or individuals directly. Thank you.