Accounts Payable Administrator
Glatfelter’s vision is to become the global supplier of choice in engineered materials. Our innovative solutions can be found throughout the world and across diverse applications, including beverage filtration, personal hygiene products, home improvement, and industrial technologies. Our culture is rooted in our Core Values, with business practices that protect and enhance environmental, social and economic resources so future generations can enjoy a life better than our own. Start your journey with Glatfelter, and create a career with a company that has succeeded for over 150 years!
We are seeking an Accounts Payable Administrator for our Corporate Headquarters, located in Charlotte, North Carolina, USA. The Accounts Payable Administrator will process vendor invoices timely, accurately, and in accordance with our internal controls and established procedures, and perform basic accounting duties to support Corporate Accounting.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures invoices to be processed for payment are valid, approved by authorized personnel, entered on the appropriate vendor with pre-approved payment terms, applied to the correct purchase order and receiving document, and are accurately coded to the proper general ledger accounts.
- Collaborates with personnel in Purchasing and other departments to obtain approvals and other pertinent information needed for processing vendor invoices, and to investigate vendor inquiries.
- Possesses a thorough knowledge of pertinent Company internal controls and policies regarding employee and vendor disbursements, and of the Company’s accounts payable systems and related payment guidelines.
- Performs basic accounting duties and special projects as assigned.
- Education – Minimum of an Associate’s Degree in Accounting. Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred.
- Computer Skills – Proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel. Experience with SAP or equivalent ERP system preferred.
Key Competency Areas
- Highly detail-oriented, organized, and thorough. Committed to meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work independently to investigate differences identified between vendor invoice, purchase order, and receiving documents, and to collaborate with employees in appropriate functional areas to resolve problems.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, and interpersonal competencies that adhere to our core values and foster strong working relationships with direct co-workers and other employees, vendors, and stakeholders.
If you are interested in this role, please apply on Glatfelter’s website to be considered. Please do not reach out to executives or individuals directly. Thank you.