Application Development Lead
The Application Development Lead leads overall strategy and execution for application, development, technical / integration architecture and quality assurance. The individual in this role will mentor and lead a 3 – 5 person team responsible for SAP and non-SAP application development including the analysis, design, build and test phases of the system life-cycle. The Lead will work closely with the development team and the IT business analysts to develop standards and ensure documentation and execution of comprehensive software test plans. The candidate for this role is an experienced SAP developer with a passion for staying current on the latest SAP and non-SAP technologies, solving complex business problems and leading others.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide leadership, assign tasks and give technical direction to developers; coach, appraise and mentor team members
- Schedule and manage application development including all ABAP, EDI, SQL, web applications and interfaces
- Lead and participate in complete software development process including planning, requirements elicitation and documentation to design, develop, test and maintain
- Provide hands on development support for critical activities as necessary
- Ensure code quality and maintainability by evolving architecture and tech stack, code reviews, refactoring, standards and improving build and test processes/systems
- Improve agile development and continuous delivery process
- Resolves complex hardware/software compatibility and interface design considerations
- Leads the evaluation of emerging technologies or alternate software and coding practices to determine relevance and impact on application delivery process
- Advises infrastructure engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements
- Prepares reports on analyses, findings, and project progress
- Collaborates with individuals across departments (IT, corporate and lines of business to gain an understanding of business objectives and develop related technical solutions
- Maintains external professional network. Reviews business and technical literature and interacts with consultants and user groups. Recognized outside of organization as an industry/technology expert
Experience / Education
- Minimum of eight years of information technology or related experience in various technical and analytical positions supporting the product development life cycle. Minimum of five years of SAP experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or related field; Master preferred.
- Experience in Engineered Products or Rolled Mill industries preferred.
- Strong leader of people and team builder
- Proven SAP and non-SAP development experience
- Advanced knowledge of software engineering principles, methods and techniques including Agile/Scrum, DevOps and Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery methods
- Knowledge of and experience in Web APIs, Web development technologies, SQL and source control
- Ability to influence and collaborate at all levels of the organization including senior executives.
If you are interested in this role, please apply on Glatfelter’s website to be considered. Please do not reach out to executives or individuals directly. Thank you.