BI Analytics Developer
The Business Intelligence Analytics Developer I role is responsible to design, develop (code), debug, test, and document new analytic applications/report or significant enhancements to existing applications/report, in support of core organizational functions and business processes. This position operates independently under general supervision. The BI Analytics Developer has a good technical understanding within his/her area of responsibility, and works with other technical staff to understand required modifications, and develops technical specifications to perform them. In some cases, this individual may code according to technical specifications from higher level staff.
This individual will be responsible for supporting various Business Intelligence systems that comprise the analytics environment. This includes daily support of user activity, maintenance of existing systems, and development of new applications or reports. This individual will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to successfully perform this role.
This position will be remote, and the candidate can be located anywhere in the United States.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop technical specifications from functional specifications.
- Build any unit test objects such as data models, views, reports and programs.
- Ensure objects are moved to the production environment error free and within specification.
- Prepare and execute unit test plan to meet specification, and maintain associated documentation.
- Follow all applicable programming and testing standards and methodologies.
- Perform 24X7 on-call applications support responsibilities per the team rotation schedule.
- Participate in design and execution of system, integration and performance testing.
- Assist business managers and end users in the execution of system tests.
- Ensure change management records are adequately documented.
- Act to champion BI benefits across the organization; promote BI usage to relevant departments.
- Contribute to an environment of Continuous Improvement of IT processes.
- Minimum of 1 year of Information Technology or related experience in various technical and analytical positions
- Domestic and International Travel – up to 25%
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
Education – Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university or equivalent IT experience.
Key Competency Areas–
- Comprehensive background in IT concepts, terminology, relational database functionality, data modeling, analytic design and large systems integration.
- Basic SAP BW & Business Objects experience – BW Architecture for data loads and query design. BW 7.4, BW/4, Hana Studio. SAP knowledge of SAP S/4 and ECC 6.0 plus
- Ability to design and build simple to medium complexity reporting solutions within the business object suite of tools: Webi, AOLAP & Design Studio
- Able to translate customer/end user requirements into functional or technical specifications.
- Strong interpersonal / customer service skills, with the ability to work collaboratively at all levels within an organization.
- Good decision-making skills – analysis, decisiveness, innovation, and judgment.
- Ability to clearly express complex issues through effective verbal and written communication.
- Effective facilitation skills.
- Understands, anticipates, and resolves problems.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven attentive and active listening skills, with attention to detail
- Strong personal computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
- Positive attitude, motivated, adaptable, and focused.
If you are interested in this role, please apply on Glatfelter’s website to be considered. Please do not reach out to executives or individuals directly. Thank you.