Glatfelter has undertaken a global business transformation intended to harmonize the disparate operations of multiple international mills into a global, common business system. The transformation includes establishing a global data estate to house harmonized foundational master data yielding analytics that provide real-time decision making to improve product and data quality.
This position will be remote, and the candidate can be located anywhere in the United States. The Business/Data Analyst drives foundational master data improvement initiatives supporting process improvements across the global organization. This role is key to achieving global data harmonization as part of the data estate. Additionally, the Business Information Analyst is responsible for partnering with stakeholders across functional groups to identify, document and drive data, process and system improvements. This includes execution and continuous improvement of the master data governance process.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work in partnership with Glatfelter’s Global Business Process Managers and Data Stewards to identify data and system improvement opportunities based on data metrics
- Provide IT support to enhance, transform and harmonize data to the global standard template
- Manage and interpret data metrics that drive new CI initiatives based on results
- Monitor data entry and cleanliness; triage and manage data fixes
- Provide coaching and training to other employees on data practices and tools. Simplification, standardization and automation are key measures of success in this role.
Required Experience: Minimum of two years of information technology experience in various technical and analytical positions with increasing responsibility. Data strategic, informed decision making
Preferred Experience: Experience in a manufacturing industry preferred. Ability to speak German or French are a plus. Process improvement experience (CI background, value stream methodology) is preferred.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, engineering, business, or other related degrees in the process improvement field is required.
Key Competencies Required:
- Strong knowledge of data management and processes
- Experience in data analysis and process mapping
- Demonstrated team leadership and project management skills
- Ability to clearly express complex issues through effective verbal and written communication.
- Effective facilitation skills.
- Strong knowledge Microsoft Office including Visio, Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Positive attitude, motivated, adaptable, and focused
If you are interested in this role, please apply on Glatfelter’s website to be considered. Please do not reach out to executives or individuals directly. Thank you.