Cap Ex Project Manager
Located in Old Hickory, Tennessee, the Project Manager is responsible for all scoping, planning, implementing and documenting of Capital Project installations. The position will work alongside equipment suppliers, contract engineering firms, general contractors, process engineers, and the production, maintenance and quality departments to implement investment projects. The manager is responsible for managing the CAPEX engineering team in Old Hickory.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Technical resource for specifications for new equipment and engineering projects.
- Managing co-ordination of contracting with external engineering and equipment suppliers.
- Contract closing after project and payment management according to Project Management guidelines.
- Development of technical concepts for projects and its business cases
- Leading equipment acceptance on site according to Group Engineering policies.
- Part of site leadership team and member of site safety/sustainability team.
- Ensure employees maintain and expand skills in their professional development.
- Time management for self and team to set priorities, goals and timelines.
- Interacts with, provides regular progress reports to the senior management via various communication methods and tools.
- Managing change management process and escalating issues where necessary.
- Working closely with all stakeholders to ensure correct interfacing and alignment in the overall organization.
- Used to work in matrix reporting environment with various stakeholders.
- Manage cost and time constraints
- Perform risk assessments
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience & Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field. Master’s Degree preferred.
- 8+ years’ experience in project management, project engineering.
- Must be able to work independently and as a member of a cross-functional team. Leads projects from end to end.
- Strong technical skills in mechanical / electrical required.
- Technical and project leadership in projects.
- Planning and cost responsibility.
- Strong personality with good negotiation skills
- PMP Certification an advantage.
- Capable to develop technical concepts with support of the sites and the necessary business cases.
- Fluent in English, any other languages desired.
- Experience in production equipment and equipment maintenance.
- AutoCAD or other engineering software.
- Execution of design studies and verification of detailed technical design
- Demonstrates excellent planning skills.
If you are interested in this role, please apply on Glatfelter’s website to be considered. Please do not reach out to executives or individuals directly. Thank you.