Located in Old Hickory, Tennessee the Controller is the lead Finance position representing Sontara Old Hickory and Twig America. The position is a major contributor to the overall success of the organizations by effectively managing financial functions and providing financial information about all Company activities to assist management and its stakeholders in making educated, economic decisions about the Company’s future.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures financial integrity (local, legal & regulatory) of both internal and external planning and reporting.
- Oversee the activities of and responsible for the accurate and timely processing of financial reporting, forecasting, budgets, accounts payables, banking, cash management, fixed assets, construction in process, sales/use tax compliance and all other financial matters.
- Ensures compliance of financial statement with GAAP requirements.
- Ensures company assets are safeguarded and properly accounted for.
- Maintains timely and transparent disclosure of all contingencies and control deficiencies.
- Manages local finance staff. There are four (4) direct reports for the role.
- Maintain and improve systems and controls which verify the integrity of all processes and data, complying with all regulations including Sarbanes Oxley.
- Collaborates with the US Controller and Corporate Finance as assigned delivering accurate and timely results.
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports.
- Ensures financial planning, reporting and analysis processes are in place to support Glatfelter business plans.
- Ensures core business finance services are in alignment with parent company policies and procedures.
- Actively engages in business finance processes and understands requirements, timing, risk areas.
- Actively manages high risk areas and ensures action plans are in place.
- Actively engaged in financial steering of company including margin analysis, PPV and other variance reporting.
- Builds and maintains close, positive working relationships with customers, Company management, peers, support partners and sales organizations.
Role Transition: In 2023 the role will transition based on an organization alignment.
- Higher focus on PL performance and variance analysis regarding budget and forecast.
- Increased influence on operational performance including margin analysis, production variance and cost reduction.
- Increased delegation of general accounting, treasury and AP.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or Finance required.
- Must have minimum 5 years of hands-on accounting, finance or auditing.
- Minimum 3 years Controller, Assistant Controller or Accounting Manager experience.
- Strong proficiency and working knowledge of database and reporting tools that are utilized in Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Proficient in Accounting software
- SAP preferable
- Strong self-starting mind-set and managerial abilities.
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and financial analysis.
- Strong general ledger, accounts payable, payroll, fixed assets, cost analysis, tax and treasury knowledge.
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent communication capability in English.
- Excellent communication skills are required to interact with upper management to promote ideas and transfer detailed knowledge to others and to respond to common inquiries internally and externally on sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of employees, managers, clients, customers, government, auditors and the general public
- Ability to write speeches, presentations, and articles using original or innovative techniques or style.
If you are interested in this role, please apply on Glatfelter’s website to be considered. Please do not reach out to executives or individuals directly. Thank you.