Located in Madison, Tennessee. The Converting Manager plans, manages, and coordinates the operation of a nonwoven converting production floor. Responsibilities include ensuring that Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost goals are achieved. Coordination with all departments is expected to ensure adequate resources are brought to bear on issues and opportunities. Individual will work with other company leaders on strategic initiatives, employee development, growth planning and training. Expectations are to support an engaged culture and utilizes continuous improvement daily. Directly manages first line leadership and roughly 60 production operators. Position reports directly to the Operations Manager for Nashville.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensures all employees are trained on safety and employee compliance and protection is the focus.
- Manages converting requirements to increase outputs and overall equipment effectiveness.
- Work closely with front line leadership and employees to ensure consistent and timely training on proper methods of operations to achieve quality and productivity.
- Display leadership on employee relations via effective communication, coaching, training and development.
- Set expectations and results vs. targets to first line leadership and production operators.
- Be available and accessible to employees to field concerns, issues and suggestions to improve.
- Determine staffing needs and work schedules to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Maintain positive and effective relationships with internal and external customers.
- Collaborate with maintenance and engineering teams to gain maximum machine efficiencies.
- Serve as an advocate for all employees, protecting against harassment, favoritism and unethical behaviors.
- Coordinates the training and development of employees. Includes identifying development needs, implementing programs as required, carefully monitoring progress and coordinating with HR as required.
- Evaluates process and procedures and ensures that documentation and training is managed properly.
- Set the standard for ethics, safety, integrity and conduct.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational, strategic planning, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- Minimum of 5 years in a managerial function leading a production/operations team.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Technical and/ or Engineering).
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-pace manufacturing environment.
- Textile experience desired (Roll goods, converting, nonwovens).
- 70% Standing/Walking
- 30% Office
- Constant communication with employees, peers, and management
- Overtime as required
Health and Safety Responsibilities:
- Must work in accordance with Health and Safety regulations, Company Rules, Plant Rules, policies and procedures
- Must use or wear equipment, protective devices or certain clothing as required by the company
If you are interested in this role, please apply on Glatfelter’s website to be considered. Please do not reach out to executives or individuals directly. Thank you.