Glatfelter is an international, public, manufacturing company and is searching for a Corporate Accountant to work at its corporate headquarters in Charlotte, NC. Under direct supervision, the Corporate Accountant will use established procedures to provide accounting services, perform internal control procedures, and provide financial support for corporate activities and functional areas. The Corporate Accountant will continuously strive to improve current practices and adapt them for changes in our business environment. The qualified candidate will demonstrate the ability to apply basic accounting concepts, practices, and knowledge to accurately report business transactions, prevent and/or detect errors, propose recommended solutions, and assist in the implementation of corrective actions, and will also possess extreme attention to detail and excellent time management skills to work towards given deadlines.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Accounting and Reporting –
- Maintains general ledgers for corporate entities and North American operations.
- Ensures relevant financial transactions are properly captured, processed, and recorded in the appropriate subsidiary’s general ledger in a timely manner in accordance with established accounting standards and in compliance with internal controls.
- Prepares month-end journal entries and performs monthly account reconciliations to ensure the integrity of accounting information. Identifies activity that is non-routine, unusual, or infrequent in nature, and communicates findings to supervisor.
- Performs internal control procedures and maintains evidential, supporting documentation for subsequent testing and audit.
- Maintains fixed assets systems for North American operations and performs technical accounting for transactions in the areas of hedging, foreign currency revaluation, and leases, among others.
- Assists the internal and external auditors in periodic reviews and annual audits.
- Provides accounting support to employees in various functional areas, including Compensation and Benefits, Treasury, and Information Technology.
- Performs other accounting duties and special requests as required or assigned.
- Education & Experience – Bachelor’s Degree (B.A./B.S.) from four-year college or university and two to four years of related experience required. CPA and public accounting experience strongly preferred. Large manufacturing company experience is a plus.
- Computer Skills – Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel. Experience with SAP or equivalent ERP system is strongly preferred.
Key Competency Areas
- Solid understanding of basic accounting concepts, practices, and procedures, and internal controls.
- Ability to apply accounting concepts and utilize knowledge and experience to prevent and/or detect errors, recommend solutions, and implement corrective actions.
- Highly detail-oriented, organized, and thorough. Committed to meeting deadlines.
- Ability to collaborate with employees at all levels and in all functional areas
- Good interpersonal skills that adhere to our core values, and a demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships with direct co-workers and other employees, vendors, and other stakeholders.
- Good oral and written communication skills.