Domestic Tax Manager
Glatfelter’s vision is to become the global supplier of choice in engineered materials. Our innovative solutions can be found throughout the world and across diverse applications, including beverage filtration, personal hygiene products, home improvement, and industrial technologies. Our culture is rooted in our Core Values, with business practices that protect and enhance environmental, social and economic resources so future generations can enjoy a life better than our own. Start your journey with Glatfelter, and create a career with a company that has succeeded for over 150 years!
The Domestic Tax Manager is an integral part of the domestic compliance and reporting function. In this position, you will focus on federal and state tax compliance, planning, and reporting matters of the Company. The successful candidate will support the Vice President of Tax in minimizing domestic income taxes, while maintaining compliance with all laws, through effective federal and state compliance and planning.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and execute the U.S. domestic tax strategy, structure, and planning for the organization
- Partner with various business leaders in finance, legal, and operations on strategic and compliance related initiatives
- Oversee the U.S. federal and state/local annual tax provision along with SEC disclosures under US GAAP and ASC 740
- Oversee the U.S. domestic direct and indirect tax compliance, including related audits, ensuring that all activities occur in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepare and review certain detailed workpapers to support U.S. domestic income tax compliance in a timely and accurate manner.
- Lead and ensure proper integration of acquisitions from a tax perspective
- Monitor U.S. domestic tax legislation and accounting guidance to ensure proper tax reporting
- Perform technical research and analysis on a variety of U.S. domestic tax matters.
- Manage outsourced workstreams and third party relationships
- Maintain/improve effective controls over U.S. domestic tax processes, and the US GAAP reporting thereof
- Document U.S. domestic tax positions in technical memoranda
- Identify U.S. domestic opportunities and help implement automation efficiencies
- Manage, mentor, and develop U.S. domestice team members
- Perform other duties as required
- Bachelor or master’s degree in tax or accounting
- CPA license preferred but not required
- 5+ years experience in managing a U.S. domestic tax function
- 5+ years experience with US GAAP, ASC 740, and SEC regulations
- 5+ years people management experience
- Ability to present technical tax matters in a meaningful and useful way to other business leaders
- Strong technical tax knowledge in all areas of tax including Federal, SALT, M&A, and Tax Accounting
- Experience leading change management initiatives
- Detail-oriented, organized, analytical, with a problem-solving mindset
- Ability to work in a fast paced and demanding environment
- Proficient in MS office; advanced Excel
- Proficiency in the following software preferred: OneSource Tax Provision, Hyperion, SAP (ECC and S/4HANA), S4 Group Reporting, Excel, BNA Fixed Assets Web.
- Strong professional ethics and integrity with high level of accountability
- Exhibits a strong ability to handle multiple demands with a sense of urgency, drive, and energy
- Team player who can also work independently
- Must be self-directed, have excellent initiative and organizational skills to excel in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Excellent communicator and educator of others that is respectful; able to translate tax rules and concepts into clear actionable information
If you are interested in this role, please apply on Glatfelter’s website to be considered. Please do not reach out to executives or individuals directly. Thank you.