Located in Old Hickory, Tennessee. This position is responsible for site wide environmental, health and safety programs and key performance indicators. Develop and direct training, engagement, stewardship, stainability, and compliance activities for the site relating to health, safety and environment. Represents site leadership respectfully and professional with all employees and regulatory entities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serves as the site representative for all EHS activities.
- Leads implementation of injury reduction efforts; promotes and drives “Zero Injury Culture”
- Responsible for all regulatory and site specific EHS trainings.
- Lead, develop and conduct site incident investigations, RCAs, and corrective actions.
- Analyzes new equipment and verifies operator safety; researches and recommends safety equipment.
- Drive reduction in site environmental impacts.
- Develops and conducts site wide safety and environmental training programs.
- Direct and manage site wide safety committee.
- Develop and lead internal auditing, inspections, and site assessments.
- Direct and manage site Emergency Response Team training, responsibilities, and expectations.
- Demonstrate effectiveness in crisis management.
- Manage and direct all TOSHA interactions.
- Evaluates work activities, designs, develops, implements, and recommends risk mitigation related to EHS.
- Work independently on highly technical assignments.
- Team player – give and receive feedback
- Performs all tasks in a safe manner, complies with all safety rules and policies.
- Identifies and reports unsafe operations to the supervisor immediately.
- Follows up on identified corrective actions.
- Assist with environmental permits.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience & Skills Required:
- Strong computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint, ERP systems, safety software).
- Good verbal, presentation, and written communication skills.
- Good organizational, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an industrial/manufacturing industry.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an EHS role. Proven experience as Safety Manager
- Deep understanding of legal health and safety guidelines
- Ability in producing reports and developing relevant policies
- Good knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment
- Constant communication with employees, peers, and management
- Occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Able to walk several miles a day.
- Position requires local, domestic and international travel (5%-15%)
Health and Safety Responsibilities:
- Must work in accordance with Health and Safety regulations, company / plant policies and procedures
- Must use or wear equipment, protective devices or certain clothing as required by the company
- Competitive Benefits; including medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- 401K Match Program
- Paid holidays and vacation
If you are interested in this role, please apply on Glatfelter’s website to be considered. Please do not reach out to executives or individuals directly. Thank you.