Located in Asheville, NC the Electrical Engineer will be assigned to a technical group that provides electrical and automation support to the business on a global scale. This role involves an understanding of the application of electrical technology in manufacturing operations including an understanding of the impact on energy utilization, personnel safety, process safety, and asset productivity of a 24/7 operation. The Electrical Engineer will work alongside equipment suppliers, contract engineering firms, general contractors, process engineers, Production, Maintenance and Quality department personnel.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead all E&A aspects in capital projects from technical standards and requirements, system design, input into project schedule and supplier interface.
- Be the E&A center point for new equipment and systems installed
- Act as a the main go to person when it is about developing systems, standards and directions for I 4.0 on equipment level.
- Develop, evaluate, and implement new technologies, processes, products, and/or procedures.
- Be willing to travel domestically and internationally (~20%).
- Provide engineering services for the development, design, construction and implementation of electrical engineering requirements for facility and equipment additions, alterations and improvements.
- Capital project identification, scope development, implementation, and start-up assistance.
- Coordinate design and installation of equipment with site designers, contractors and maintenance. Participate in start-up activities. Continually review project status and keep project engineers informed.
- Network with vendors and contractors to build and efficient working relationship.
- Keep current with the latest technology and possible applications.
- Digitization and automation of operational activities
- Connecting machines with multiple software platforms and departments within the production environment
- Provide data to partners (suppliers, machine builders,…)
- Collecting and analyzing big data
- IIoT predictive maintenance and cloud platforms
- Shape local industry 4.0 vision together with global counterpart
- Drive plant’s digital transformation journey
- Lead and implement digital transformation projects to upgrade the equipment level
- B.S. Degree in Electrical Engineering with 10+ years’ experience in projects; and plant infrastructure
- Must be able to work independently and as a member of a cross-functional team.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office and MS Project
- Experience in designing network architectures on equipment and plant level
- Experience in developing technical standards for E&A.
- Possesses a proven good track record in handling complex organizations and initiatives.
- Excellent managerial skills
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- Drive for results
- Conflict management
- Customer focus
- Manage multiple projects
- Commitment to the organization and the project under scope
If you are interested in this role, please apply on Glatfelter’s website to be considered. Please do not reach out to executives or individuals directly. Thank you.