Electro-Mechanical Technician- Old Hickory, TN
This position is located in Old Hickory, TN. This position is responsible for troubleshooting machinery problems and continuously monitoring electrical and mechanical devices as part of ongoing site support. This individual will be expected to be mostly independently driven to complete tasks and must clearly understand and demonstrate a proactive maintenance approach and best maintenance practices. Reports directly to the Maintenance Manager and is required to demonstrate the ability to interact with all team members in a professional and respectful manner. This position is expected to have a significant impact on improvements in equipment uptime by preventing and reducing the duration of downtime incidents across multiple types of industrial equipment.
- Complete daily preventive maintenance work orders and communicate completion status
- Troubleshoot and repair problems with all site equipment (production, facilities, utilities, etc.)
- Locate electrical and mechanical faults by using available test equipment and practical knowledge
- Repair and/or replace defective electrical and mechanical equipment in a timely manner
- Troubleshoots and repairs electrical/electronic control circuits for AC/DC motor circuits. Capable of setup and install of drive systems
- Diagnose, analyze and repair electronic, electro-mechanical and instrumentation equipment, operating in all areas, utilizing meters, gauges, and other testing methods
- Install, repairs, adjusts, and calibrate various types of measuring, recording, and controlling equipment necessary to monitor or run manufacturing lines
- Troubleshoots PLC hardware and software. Makes program modifications when required
- Identifies Root Cause Failures of equipment
- Recommends necessary parts for repairs and maintenance
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic devices.
- Performs work in the servicing of pumps, piping, and related equipment. Suggests maintenance items to be included in preventive maintenance program
- Stays informed of operational activities and process changes which may affect the normal operation of the equipment
- Assist with concept and design of new equipment and equipment modification projects
- Has knowledge of and adheres to all departmental rules, regulations, and procedures
- Consistently demonstrate a team effort attitude and approach
- Other duties as determined by company needs.
- At least 5 years’ experience working as an industrial maintenance technician, or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- A two-year degree is preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of motor control systems (drives/inverters), PLC’s, and communications systems is also preferred. Must possess advanced electrical/electronic circuit knowledge and the ability to repair or replace mechanical process and facility equipment.
- Must have working knowledge of production and support equipment and related controls.
- Must be able to operate in a team environment, remaining flexible to multiple demands.
- Excellent communication and people skills are necessary along with detailed orientation.
- Must be able to surmise the operation on all production equipment.
- The employee must be able to read and interpret prints, assembly drawings, and electrical schematics.
Glatfelter offers a robust benefit package, including medical, dental, vision insurance, paid time off, and an enhanced 401K.
Old Hickory is situated just a few short miles southwest of the Cumberland River and located approximately 16 miles northeast of downtown Nashville. Outdoor enthusiasts will be particularly drawn to this area because of its convenient river access and encompassing beautiful natural areas- perfect for hunting, fishing, boating, hiking and camping. The nearby Greenway Trails are also over 100 miles of family and dog friendly paths that range in length from a short 10- to 15-minute walk to 10 miles or more. Most are located on or near waterways all over Davidson County. All of the greenways are mostly flat, paved paths, but they all offer different experiences: Some include history, some have sweeping Cumberland River riverscapes, some offer downtown views, some have babbling creeks and primitive trails, and some feature playgrounds, dog parks and other amenities.
Additionally- the lively and music saturated scene of Downtown Nashville is just a 20-minute commute. However, Old Hickory residents also are nicely situated between Hermitage and Madison, TN- both of which offer numerous eating establishments, pubs, shopping and events closer to home.
If you are interested in this role, please apply on Glatfelter’s website to be considered. Please do not reach out to executives or individuals directly. Thank you.