Located at the Lydney Mill, Glatfelter is seeking an Engineering Planner. The Engineering Planner will develop, maintain and record planned preventative maintenance activities across the Site. The Planner will plan, co-ordinate and schedule run and shut routine and non-routine maintenance activities and lead and co-ordinate machine shuts through the development and delivery of combined operations machine shut plans.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review, update and develop planned and preventative maintenance regimes for process equipment.
- Monitor machine performance and breakdowns and create relevant history for engineering improvements.
- Carry out analysis and related reporting of maintenance and machine KPI’s and breakdowns to support improvement activities.
- Co-ordinate and manage external preventative contractors.
- Control and develop asset lists and implement plant I.D. to support walking routes, spares list, etc.
- Assist Production Managers in the development, implementation and scheduling of basic equipment care tasks for the operators.
- Establish, schedule and manage mandatory inspections e.g. pressure systems reg’s, hoists / lifting equipment, ladder inspections, PAT, Thermography, fixed internal services etc.
- Shutdown planning and management including organisation of spares and contract services.
Competencies & Experience:
- The successful candidate will be self-directed and organised with a professional but firm approach, have the ability to prioritise and deliver against set priorities
- Must be a team player who is able to communicate and interact at all levels
- The ability to set up and maintain systems, maintenance plans and controlled documents is essential
- Must be computer literate
- Experience in producing plans and schedules for planning major shutdown activities is essential
- Ideally the candidate you have in depth working knowledge and experience of SAP Planned Maintenance, be engineering literate and educated to a minimum of HND/HNC level
If you are interested in this role, please apply on Glatfelter’s website to be considered or submit a CV and covering letter to Lydneyemail@example.com. Please do not reach out to executives or individuals directly. Thank you.