Enterprise Architect / Project Manager
This position will be located in Charlotte, North Carolina.
The Enterprise Architect / Project Manager is responsible for the creation, communication and improvement of the key principles, methods and models that describe the enterprise’s future state and enable its evolution. The Enterprise Architect / Project Manager defines a holistic view and roadmap of the company’s technology strategy and processes while partnering with both business and technology groups to ensure that the proposed technical solutions align with the company’s overall objectives, mission and vision. The position requires a strong business acumen and an in-depth knowledge and understanding of SAP software, how it relates to company business processes and how it integrates with other software in the environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Proactively interacts with CIO, Senior IT Leadership, business partners and IT at all stages of lifecycle to design solutions, influence strategy, align and prioritize projects to architecture priorities and drives architecture driven investments.
- Manages the development of future state business area architectures in an organized and cohesive manner using enterprise architecture frameworks, working proactively to create business competitive advantage, focus on cost, and maximize design.
- Considers the long-term consequences for the enterprise when choosing a technical direction, proposing a technology investment, harmonization of the environments, simplification opportunities or advising a business leader on strategic issues.
- Guides business area architecture gap analysis, including impact, ROI, time to benefit, alignment to strategic business needs, and roadmap to address expected changes.
- Develops architectural standards and roadmaps. Ensures that designed or reviewed solutions conform to architectural requirements such as scalability, maintainability, reliability, extensibility, usability and security.
- Conducts feasibility studies, producing high-level business models, preparing business cases, taking into account as necessary any implications of systems considered.
- Provides guidance to domain architects in the development of architectures for complex systems, ensuring consistency with specified requirements agreed with both external, and internal customers.
- Leads opportunity discovery efforts including business case development, project scoping, organization, estimating, resource planning; assess, document and communicate project risks.
- Manages relationships with project stakeholders at all levels, including internal and external clients, keeping stakeholders informed of progress and issues in order to manage expectations on all project requirements and deliverables.
- Conducts project planning activities and manages the execution of multiple large scale, high risk, or strategic projects according to plan.
- Manages and communicates a clear vision of the project’s objectives, and motivate the project team to achieve them.
- Proactively identify changes in work scope and ensure appropriate planning measures are taken with internal and external stakeholders to reassess and amend the scope of work requirements, budget and timeline.
- Manages the financial aspects of projects: budgeting and estimate to actual variance.
- 15+ years of equivalent experience in information technology;
- Broad and in-depth understanding in SAP modules
- Knowledge of enterprise architecture, program and practices, along with strong communication and problem-solving skills, are all required in order to effectively coach domain and solution architects.
- Experience managing the development of architectural standards and road maps.
- Proven experience across multiple business areas, and multiple technologies with well-rounded background in applications, software, databases, middleware, etc.
- Evangelist for a bigger picture strategy, integrating the business and technological vision, connecting the dots across business needs, technologies, processes, and information.
- Proven experience with future state architecture, taking business to the next level, creating competitive advantage to the business. Proven experience laying out technology roadmap connecting the dots with business needs.
- Proven experience leading mid-size, complex scale projects.
- Preferred 2+ years of experience in Enterprise Architecture
- Enterprise Architecture certified or equivalent experience using industry standards such as TOGAF or Zachman preferred.
- Proven experience in application rationalization efforts, maximizing current investment and optimizing process complexity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- Influencing: Demonstrates clear leadership and the ability to influence and persuade. Develops influential relationships with internal and external customers/suppliers/partners at senior management level, including industry leaders. Makes decisions which impact the work of employing organizations, achievement of organizational objectives and financial performance.
- Business and Technical Accumen: Inherent business acumen with an in depth understanding of SAP Solutions, IT strategy and mill product industry best practices. Absorbs complex technical information and communicates effectively at all levels to both technical and non-technical audiences. Assesses and evaluates risk. Understands the implications of new technologies. Has a broad understanding of all aspects of IT and deep understanding of EA. Understands and communicates the role and impact of IT in the employing organization and promotes compliance with relevant legislation. Takes the initiative to keep both own and domain architect skills up to date and to maintain an awareness of developments in the IT industry.
- Strategic Thinking: Keeping overall objectives and strategies in mind, and not being deflected by matters of detail.
- Analytical Thinking: Acquiring a proper understanding of a problem or situation by breaking it down systematically into its component parts and identifying the relationships between these parts, selecting the appropriate method/tool to resolve the problem and reflecting on the result, such that learning is identified and absorbed.
- Complexity: Performs highly complex work activities covering technical, financial and quality aspects. Contributes to the formulation and implementation of IT strategy. Creatively applies a wide range of technical and/or management principles.
- Planning: Ability to plan and manage implementation of processes and procedures, tools and practices guarantying best run of enterprise architecture, in respect of simplifying, optimizing and creating competitive advantage align to business goals and its expectations. Monitors performance and takes corrective action where necessary.
- Ability to multi-task and switch between tasks quickly and smoothly.
- Solid presentation skills, ability to effectively influence.
- A strong desire to learn and expand their leadership skills.
- Able to work autonomously and exhibit excellent judgment.
- Must display vision and resiliency.
If you are interested in this role, please apply through Glatfelter’s website to be considered. Please do not reach out to executives or individuals directly. Thank you.