ESG (Environmental, Social, and Governance) Manager
Located in the United Kingdom or United States, Glatfelter is seeking a ESG Manager to drive sustainability projects and reporting as well as provide oversight for the Corporate ESG Report, ESG-related proxy matters, and communications. Reporting directly to the Vice President, ESG, Marketing & Business Development, this role will support the efforts of various initiatives and projects.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create content for our sustainability portals (like Ecovadis, ISS).
- Manage ESG data in Intelex.
- Maintain supplier data scorecard with supporting teams (purchasing, legal, and HR).
- Track sustainable product range.
- Track LCA/CO2 Footprint and manage key product range from an environmental perspective.
- Handle customer and supplier requests (together with Marketing).
- Assist with report preparation, including internal and external quarterly reports and annual ESG reports.
- Contribute to external and internal outreach and communications, including speaking engagements, presentations, interviews, social media, etc.
- Organize, lead, and participate in internal and external business meetings to assess the progress of ESG related initiatives in place to move towards the stated goals, engaging key stakeholders as needed at all levels in the organization, and sets ad hoc regular reviews where necessary to secure successful tracking of progress and effective execution.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on ESG topics (net zero carbon, biodiversity, carbon pricing, reporting, diversity, etc.).
- Establish tools and process enabling an effective system for reliable, efficient and auditable data collection.
- Creates a reporting system that provides clarity on results and progress and drives accountability.
- Ensure mobilization of the required resources to ensure successful execution of initiatives.
- Engages with rating agencies to ensure Glatfelter efforts and progress on ESG areas are properly assessed.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and engage the relevant stakeholders to align on the execution of the identified actions.
- Collaborates with marketing and corporate communications on key functional and business areas to effectively communicate the progress on ESG topics.
- Align ESG initiative with Glatfelter vision and leadership.
- Advocate for Sustainability inside the organization, promoting awareness, knowledge and expertise.
- Engages with third parties, including customers, industry associations, investors’ community as needed, and coordinates the engagement of internal stakeholders to drive ESG conversations.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in Environmental Studies, Engineering, Business, or relevant field
- 4+ years of experience in similar or related role
- Experience in Microsoft software (Excel, PowerPoint, Power BI)
- LEED certification preferred
- Ability to adapt to changes in time of uncertainty
- High level of attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Effective decision making
- Ability to work collaboratively at all levels
If you are interested in this role, please apply on Glatfelter’s website to be considered. Please do not reach out to executives or individuals directly. Thank you.