Executive IT Support Specialist
This position will be located in Charlotte, North Carolina.
The Executive IT Support Specialist will split time between two primary functions. Firstly, providing best-in-class support to our Executive team, ensuring that the Executives have modern, reliable, always-on and always working IT solutions at work, and away from work. Additionally, performing the role of Onsite Support for up to 50 users in the Charlotte office, providing assistance and maintenance for all office computer systems, mobile devices and IT infrastructure. This may include installing, configuring, and updating hardware and software, as well as fixing any issue related to the equipment that may come up on a daily basis. To be successful, this person must have excellent customer service skills, listening & communication skills, show initiative, be self-directed, motivated, organized, and results-driven.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides concierge level support for Executives (C-Suite), including out-of-office support
- Prioritizes and manages the VIP support queue and provides weekly reporting of VIP in-office and out-of -office support issues to management
- Responsible for providing desktop support for computers and software through phone and direct contact with the VIP/Senior Management clients
- Work closely with the Information Technology, Applications, Help Desk and Security teams to assure enterprise solutions will enable the Executive team
- Influence and collaborate with other technical teams in the pursuit of resolving complex technical issues.
- Design, document, deploy, and support a wide range of technologies used by the Executive team
- Create and execute detailed plans around Executive-level projects resulting in highly effective and efficient delivery of technical solutions
- Establish trust and maintain a high level of confidentiality for all VIP activities/tasks
- Recommend, new and upgraded technologies to IT Management based on industry trends that would increase efficiency and/or effectiveness of the Executive team
- Perform software and hardware configuration across diverse platforms
- Contribute to various forms of documentation (processes, policies, training materials, quick reference guides, knowledge base articles)
- Provide Audio/Video conference support for onsite/offsite presentations, events, and meetings.
- Install, relocate, configure, troubleshoot and support desktops, laptops, virtual machines, mobile phones (Android and iPhone), VOIP products peripheral equipment and software
- Provide desktop and laptop maintenance including operating system refresh, hardware upgrades and replace component parts
- Enter, monitor and complete all entries in the Helpdesk tracking system, which includes stating the issue(s), listing all troubleshooting steps, providing a resolution and marking the records as complete
- Diagnose, research and troubleshoot computer system issues, including operating systems, H/W and S/W, networking, VPN, connectivity, server, and other network devices/peripherals, both remotely and onsite
- Responsible for meeting Client Service SLA goals
- Other duties may be assigned as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or other relevant discipline preferred, or equivalent experience in IT required.
- 5+ years of experience in enterprise IT support
- 3+ years of experience working directly with C-Suite Executives and Vice President level employees.
- Experience with Windows, OS X, iOS, and Android operating systems
- Knowledge of Apple hardware, Mac OS X, IOS iPhones and iPads is required
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Outlook, ActiveSync, Microsoft Skype for Business, Microsoft Teams, and Microsoft Intune.
- Experience with WebEx, Zoom, and other video conferencing technologies
- Experience with client-side troubleshooting of network services (i.e. DNS, DHCP, and certificate-based authentication).
- Experience troubleshooting Active Directory, TCP/IP networks, and common PC and Mac applications/operating systems.
- Strong general computer technology skills
- Demonstrated knowledge in both wired and wireless network technologies
- Excellent written, verbal and phone communications skills
- Ability to make independent judgment calls to resolve urgent and critical matters
- Ability to provide rapid response to all Executive support requests
- Can-do attitude, with ability to find creative solutions where necessary & follow through on issues until successful resolution is achieved
- Strong organizational skills and customer service focus
- Establish relationships cross functionally to drive escalations to closure
- Ability to travel (Domestic/Global) approximately 25%
- Willing to work extended and / or flexible hours as needed, with possible after hours Executive support
If you are interested in this role, please apply through Glatfelter’s website to be considered. Please do not reach out to executives or individuals directly. Thank you.