Financial Analyst – C&I Finance – Reporting
Glatfelter is global publicly traded manufacturer of engineered products is searching for a Financial Analyst to work at its corporate headquarters in Charlotte, NC to support the C&I (Commercial & Innovation) Business Finance team with reporting, closing & forecasting activities as well as ad hoc projects. The qualified candidate will demonstrate strong analytical skills, attention to detail and excellent time management skills to work towards given deadlines. In addition, the ideal candidate should have excellent communication skills and a demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships within the organization.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Selling, General & Administrative, and R&D Reporting –
- Lead budgeting and forecasting of SG&A expenses for the total company P&L;
- Responsible for monthly cost tracking and controlling;
- Align with business & functional partners to ensure forecast accuracy and spend visibility;
- Prepare and distribute management reports with trend and variance analysis.
- Support accounting & business finance during closing by completing sales & COGS reconciliation; revenue recognition and rebate accrual entries.
- Collaborate with the Controlling group in performing key close functions, reconciliations and adherences to SOX controls.
- Contribute to the automation and standardization of models by working closely with IT function.
- Support building, validating and maintaining all databases to support transparency of costs & spend trends, including extraction and utilization of data from business analytical tools and ensuring alignment between systems and data users.
- Create business models with multiple “what if” scenarios.
- Perform other financial analysis duties and special requests as required or assigned.
- Education & Experience – Bachelor’s Degree (B.A./B.S.) in accounting or finance from four-year college or university with one to three years of related experience. Experience in a manufacturing environment desirable.
- Computer Skills – Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office, advanced Excel skills are a must; experience with SAP or equivalent ERP system is preferred.
Key Competency Areas
- Solid understanding of basic financial concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, organized, and thorough; committed to meeting deadlines.
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues at all levels and in all functional areas.
- Good interpersonal skills that adhere to our core values, and a demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships with direct co-workers and other employees.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
If you are interested in this role, please apply on Glatfelter’s website to be considered. Please do not reach out to executives or individuals directly. Thank you.