Global EHS Lead
Glatfelter is seeking a Global EHS Lead to drive the development and deployment of the EHS Management System and improvement strategy for Glatfelter while partnering with Operations leadership on ensuring effective execution. Responsible for facilitating development of a strong safety culture across the organization to drive reduction of injuries and incidents and progress on our mission to be “Injury Free Every Day.”
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serve as subject matter expert for Environmental, Health and Safety topics and lead the EHS strategy deployment and execution across the company.
- Oversee and develop the EHS Management System including audit program, incident investigation process, risk management, training, etc. to ensure consistency of approach, compliance and culture development.
- Consolidated reporting, safety management system/tools owner, and KPI development.
- Lead EHS network, sharing processes and process improvement activities. Identify, prioritize and track improvement opportunities.
- Develop and implement global initiatives to reduce the level of incidents, risks and hazards.
- Partner with leadership and the safety team to develop a safety framework for sites that leverages leadership engagement, develops ownership at all levels and promotes consistency of approach across locations.
- Work with safety and Site Leaders at facilities to assess culture and develop improvement plans.
- Support facility resources in assessing safety risks and oversee the development of targeted programs and action plans to reduce risks and exposures.
- Develop audit plans, perform audits, track progress and provide technical support to ensure compliance with regulatory and company standard requirements across the organization.
- Participate in regulatory reviews and matters, ensure implementation of necessary changes, and communicate with stakeholders/leadership.
- Participate in capital project reviews, sustainability initiatives, due diligence and other safety and environmental activities as required.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in safety, industrial hygiene, health sciences, environmental or related field
- 10+ years of progressive safety experience in manufacturing, multi-site management and program development roles
- Experience in driving step-change safety performance improvement
- English proficiency with German, French and/or Spanish a plus
- High-level drive for results and resilience
- Behavior based safety and/or Human Performance program
- Ability to collaborate effectively across the organization
- Demonstrate leadership and coaching skills
- Ability to build influential relationships
If you are interested in this role, please apply on Glatfelter’s website to be considered. Please do not reach out to executives or individuals directly. Thank you.