Human Resources Assistant, Corporate
This position provides administrative and project support for the HR Business Partner, Corporate and the Vice President, Human Resources, Global Functions. Under general supervision, the HR Assistant, Corporate supports in the administration of HR related policies and programs including: staffing/recruiting, EEO, Workers Compensation, leave management, unemployment claims, compensation, & HR/Payroll system maintenance for all Corporate personnel.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides administrative and project support in completing tasks such as spreadsheet and presentation development/maintenance, developing & proofreading communications, preparing materials, processing invoices, compiling reports, managing calendars, scheduling meetings and similar tasks.
- Coordinates complex domestic and international travel arrangements & prepares required documentation. Administers multiple travel expense reimbursement accounts.
- Supports administrative components of key ongoing HR processes – Tuition Reimbursement, Harvard Manage Mentor, Rosetta Stone, EEO reporting, Workers Compensation & unemployment claims and leave management (STD/FMLA).
- Supports the recruitment process by posting jobs, editing job descriptions and creating requisitions as needed, creating and managing schedules, coordinating the reference/background check process & onboarding components such as candidate correspondence, scheduling orientations & file creation.
- Maintains accurate employee data in HR/Payroll System and creates reports from system as needed. Processes all new hires, changes, and terminations in a timely manner and communicates with the appropriate internal/external stakeholders. Researches/compiles data for and prepares weekly/monthly/quarterly reports.
- Executes HR administrative processes such as employment verification requests, safety training, holiday calendar, org charts, audit reports and related requests for information and data. Maintains, updates and processes confidential documents in hard copy, electronic, and offsite file systems.
- Coordinates schedules for staff meetings and a variety of employee meetings including the management of appointments, preparation of agendas, coordination of facilities, deck proofreading and other communications.
- Proactively manages workflows and tasks, anticipating needs/conflicts, being prepared to offer solutions and options.
- Analyzes, recommends, and supports implementation of continuous improvement initiatives across assigned HR processes to increase efficiency and reduce costs.
- Performs, supports and or participates in other processes and special projects as assigned
- Education & Experience – Bachelor’s Degree in HR, Business Administration or related field preferred, with 0-2 years of experience. Associates degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school required, with 3-4 years of experience.
- Computer Skills – Demonstrated advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 products.
Key Competency Areas
- Advanced communication and interpersonal Skills. Professional maturity, self-awareness, sound judgment and a high level of discretion and integrity.
- Ability to form productive relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, including employees at all levels, and external sources such as vendors, governmental agencies, etc.
- Demonstrated planning and organization skills, with high attention to detail.
- Analytical, with the ability to identify problems and present viable solutions.
- Must have the ability to be solution focused and results oriented.
- Positive attitude, flexible and able to independently manage projects and workload in a fast-paced environment.
- Up to 5-10% travel may be required as necessitated by projects and assigned work streams.
If you are interested in this role, please apply on Glatfelter’s website to be considered. Please do not reach out to executives or individuals directly. Thank you.