Human Resources Assistant
The position provides administrative and project support for the HR Manager. Reporting to the HR Manager, the HR Assistant supports in the administration of HR related policies and programs including but not limited to the following: Recruitment, EEO, Workers Compensation, Leave Management, Unemployment Claims, Compensation, & HR/Payroll System Maintenance for all Glatfelter Mount Holly employees.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Partners with temp agencies and coordinates the recruitment and selection process, supports local leaders in scheduling appointments and ensures consistent information/data flow.
- Supports the recruitment process by posting jobs, editing job descriptions, and creating requisitions as needed, creating, and managing schedules, coordinating the reference/background check process & onboarding components such as candidate correspondence, scheduling orientations & file creation.
- Processes all new hires, changes, and terminations in a timely manner and communicates with the appropriate internal/external stakeholders. Research/compile data for and prepares weekly/monthly/quarterly reports.
- Maintains knowledge of current Federal, State, and Local laws and ordinances as well as Glatfelter HR policies, processes, and procedures.
- Provides administrative and project support in completing tasks such as spreadsheet and presentation development/maintenance, developing & proofreading communications, preparing materials, processing invoices, compiling reports, managing calendars, scheduling meetings and similar tasks.
- Supports administrative components of key ongoing HR processes – Glatfelter Employee Benefits Offerings, EEO reporting, Workers Compensation & Unemployment Claims and Leave Management (STD/FMLA).
- Executes HR administrative processes such as employment verification requests, safety training, holiday calendar, organization charts, audit reports and related requests for information and data. Maintains, updates and processes confidential documents in hard copy, electronic, and offsite file systems.
- Proactively manages workflows and tasks, anticipating needs/conflicts, being prepared to offer solutions and options. Asks appropriate probing questions to ensure collection of necessary information to resolve issues.
- Analyzes, recommends, and supports implementation of continuous improvement initiatives across assigned HR processes to increase efficiency and reduce costs.
- Performs, supports and or participates in other processes and special projects as assigned.
- Education & Experience – Associates degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school required, with 2-3 years of experience. Bachelor’s Degree in HR, Business Administration or related field preferred.
- Computer Skills – Demonstrated advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 products.
Key Competency Areas
- Advanced communication and interpersonal Skills. Professional maturity, self-awareness, sound judgment and a high level of discretion, integrity, and trust.
- Ability to form productive relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, including employees at all levels, and external sources such as vendors, governmental agencies, etc.
- Demonstrated planning and organization skills, with high attention to detail.
- Analytical, with the ability to identify problems and present viable solutions.
- Must have the ability to be solution focused and results oriented.
- Positive attitude, flexible and able to independently manage projects and workload in a fast-paced environment.
If you are interested in this role, please apply on Glatfelter’s website to be considered. Please do not reach out to executives or individuals directly. Thank you.