Human Resources Manager
Glatfelter’s vision is to become the global supplier of choice in engineered materials. Our innovative solutions can be found throughout the world and across diverse applications, including beverage filtration, personal hygiene products, home improvement, and industrial technologies. Our culture is rooted in our Core Values, with business practices that protect and enhance environmental, social and economic resources so future generations can enjoy a life better than our own. Start your journey with Glatfelter, and create a career with a company that has succeeded for over 150 years!
Glatfelter is seeking a Human Resources Manager to manage all human resources functions for our Mount Holly, NC facility. This leader will have end-to-end responsibility for all HR-related processes, including recruitment and selection, employee relations, benefits/compensation, change management, performance management, training & development, communications, employee engagement, community relations, local Mill Management, and cooperation according to the functional model. The incumbent will secure state-of-the-art HR processes across the entire employee lifecycle, lead and support company-wide and mill-focused projects, and act as a strong business partner for the local management team with a focus on leadership and continued operations. The HR Leader will be a role model for Glatfelter core values, safety, compliance, and serve as a steward of the Glatfelter culture, proactively engaging in community relations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Recruitment & Retention: Proactively and creatively sources talent and manages a structured recruiting process, develops and maintains a pipeline of qualified candidates for key positions and collaborates with hiring managers to identify and meet staffing needs according to the established timeline. Develops and executes recruiting strategies, engaging recruiters when necessary and executes recruitment plans in accordance with corporate protocols. Manages each project to a successful conclusion – the hiring of a well-qualified individual who is a good fit for the GLT organization. Develops and executes retention strategies; consults with and coaches supervisors and managers to achieve high rates of employee retention.
- Training & Development: Provides input, support, and coordination associated with all training, development and onboarding needs. Partners with other GLT locations, local educational institutions, and other organizations to design and deliver highly effective workforce training programs, including programs that enable a highly flexible, adaptable, and team-oriented approach. Works with operations and other functional areas to establish training strategies and plans for mill-based positions, oversees and coordinates the execution of employee training, and tracks employee training and qualifications.
- Employee Relations: Builds highly effective relationships throughout the organization. Serves as resource and coach managers and employees to address performance improvement opportunities, advises on benefits and compensation, policies, and other human resources matters. Addresses employee relations issues and conducts investigations when needed. Establishes and maintains the employee handbook.
- Performance Management: In conjunction with the corporate office and site manager, establishes and administers a performance management process that ensures accurate, fair, and consistent employee evaluations. Assesses performance evaluation results, identifies trends/gaps and develops recommendations, related communications and training programs to improve.
- Compensation & Benefits: Actively manages local compensation & benefits processes according to Glatfelter’s Talent & Rewards guidelines. Effectively explains and communicates with all employees on benefit offerings. Administers FMLA, oversees time and attendance processes to assure accuracy and timeliness of payroll, answers related questions, and serves as interface with corporate payroll. Maintains an understanding of competitive local wage structures, and administers approved compensation programs.
- Communications & Change Management: Leads by example and promotes a mindset of adaptability and flexibility throughout the workforce. Proactively establishes and executes a communications plan to keep employees and other stakeholders informed on key initiatives, project plans, and activities. Develops comprehensive change management plans in conjunction with the site leader to keep employees highly motivated and engaged.
- Safety, Security, & Continuous Improvement: Supports the EH&S Manager and Site Leader to achieve and maintain an injury-free workplace, and establish/maintain security throughout the facility. Participates in daily MDI meetings, and Kaizen/Lean events as appropriate. Applies a continuous improvement mindset to all processes and work streams, identifying and implementing opportunities for improvement within and outside immediate areas of responsibility.
- Compliance: Monitors and ensures full compliance with local, state and federal government regulations and laws. Establishes a culture of commitment to Glatfelter’s Code of Business Conduct and Core Values, and responds to corporate level requests for information.
- Occasional travel will be required to other Glatfelter locations.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field, required.
- SPHR certification (HRCI) or SHRM-SCP (SHRM) certification, preferred.
- Experience: 5 or more years of related experience, at least 3 of which must be in a production or technical environment.
- Prior experience in a matrix HR function is required, including but not limited to employee relations, employee engagement, recruiting/staffing, training, benefits/compensation, and communications.
- Experienced in leadership/influential leadership, strong focus on mentoring and coaching, ability to challenge the status quo and serve as key business partner for the mill’s senior leadership.
- Proven change management track record, preferably in post M&A integration environments
- Outstanding communication skills are required, both verbal and written.
- Budgeting and cost controlling skills.
- Demonstrated project management and continuous improvement capabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to form productive working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders: internal (employees at all levels) and external (suppliers, customers, competitors, governmental agencies, public).
- Prior experience in safety, security, crisis leadership, and/or visual factory is preferred.
- Delivers Results the Glatfelter Way: Uses sound judgment to make business decisions, even in the face of ambiguity. Coaches others and persists to achieve results even under adversity. Sets an example for others to follow by modeling Glatfelter core values
- Leading & Engaging: Empowers others to execute their work and determine how to achieve their goals. Demonstrates self-awareness and flexibility in managing people from multiple cultures and backgrounds. Anticipates changes and adjusts approach to improve outcomes
- Building Teamwork and Talent: Establishes effective and trusting relationships across functions, locations and cultures. Consistently provides honest, actionable and timely feedback to team members. Actively promotes intra-department and cross-functional teamwork. Effectively hires and deploys talent to create a diverse, focused and results-oriented team
- Communicating Effectively: Communicates in ways that are clear and understandable. Initiates difficult conversations rather than avoiding them. Listens and seeks to understand others’ feelings and perspectives
- Fosters Innovation & CI: Evaluates and champions the best ideas to pursue. Inspires employees to challenge the status quo and take action on issues impacting efficiency and quality. Encourages the exchange of ideas across functions and locations
If you are interested in this role, please apply on Glatfelter’s website to be considered. Please do not reach out to executives or individuals directly. Thank you.