Indirect Materials and Storeroom Lead
Located in Mount Holly, NC under direction of the Supply Chain Manager, the Indirect Materials and Storeroom Lead will lead all Storeroom activities, supervise Storeroom personnel, ensure that indirect materials are purchased in a timely fashion, and the lead the overall indirect material replenishment process.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervise Storeroom direct report(s).
- Manage proper inventory levels in the Storeroom to control working capital by working cross functionally with operations and maintenance.
- Standardization of parts
- Review of slow moving or obsolete parts
- Proper min and max levels for inventory
- Cycle counts performed in Storeroom to maintain SOX compliance.
- Lead day-to-day Storeroom activities and Indirect Material receiving area. Assist with issue investigations.
- Manage surplus items (overmax or obsolete) to sell to supplier.
- Create monthly Storeroom reports and maintain the Storeroom Dashboard.
- Maintain audit sheet for Storeroom staging area and non-stock shelves.
- Lead bi-weekly meeting with maintenance to review stock issues.
- Review purchase requisition backlog for indirect material and low value service requisitions daily and process into purchase orders.
- Input confirmation data from suppliers into PO including updating purchase info records with new pricing as needed.
- Review Open PO report weekly and contact suppliers as needed.
- Close service PO’s monthly.
- Part ID maintenance for indirect materials that includes creating new part ID’s and editing as needed.
- Purchasing Info Record maintenance for indirect materials that includes creation for new parts and editing as needed.
- Establishing new part ID’s for the Storeroom as approved.
- Manage the Grainger Keepstock program.
- Record management for direct materials and assist with receiving in SAP as needed.
- Talent development for direct reports.
- Work closely with accounts payable to resolve invoice discrepancies or receiving issues.
- Obtain quotes from suppliers to ensure best total cost of ownership.
- Source special items as needed.
- Manage office supplies.
- Work with new vendors to obtain proper documentation for vendor set up.
- Back up Storeroom Clerk when absent.
- Participates in special projects and handles all other assigned duties as required.
- Promotes and supports Glatfelter’s Environmental and Health and Safety Policies. Ensures that he/her understands and follows these policies.
- Ensure that weekly safety audits are completed in the Storeroom and that housekeeping is maintained in assigned area.
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Associate Degree or 5 years related experience in Procurement and/or Inventory Management; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2 years+ of Leadership experience
- Computer literacy
- Forklift certified
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field (Supply Chain, Business, etc.) or 7 years related experience in Procurement and/or Inventory Management; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5 years+ of Leadership experience
- SAP experience
- Leadership, teamwork, communication, interpersonal skills
- Collaboration, creative problem solving, decision making
- Analytical skills
If you are interested in this role, please apply on Glatfelter’s website to be considered. Please do not reach out to executives or individuals directly. Thank you.