Information Technology Security Analyst
The Information Technology Security Analyst performs core IT Security functions for the global enterprise. This position requires strong technical skills in regards to IT networking and security. This role executes the day-to-day operations of IT security solutions to identify and solve technical issues. The IT Security Analyst will assist in the implementation of security solutions, the maintenance of security tools and services. Some procedural work is expected to improve the security effectiveness including producing documentation on how to use tools and best practices for protecting IT systems. The incumbent is expected to understand the enterprise’s security goals as established by its stated policies, procedures and guidelines and to actively work towards upholding those goals.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain operational configurations of all IT security solutions including but not limited to: Patch and Vulnerability Management, Endpoint Protection, Firewall Management, Log & Event Management.
- Provide support for global security systems and tools.
- Assist in the planning, design, and implementation of enterprise security architecture for technical, operational, and administrative activities.
- Participate in security related projects and activities.
- Maintain knowledge of the IT security industry to improve security program effectiveness.
- Provide recommendations for additional security solutions or enhancements to existing controls, to improve overall enterprise security and “defense in depth” strategy.
- Perform the deployment, integration, and initial configuration of all new security solutions as well as enhancements to existing security solutions in accordance with standards and best practices.
- Review security logs and events that are collected using provided tools.
- Participate on Security Incident Response Team (SIRT) to identify and resolve security issues 24x7x365
- Participate in SOX control and control monitoring activities in support of Corporate Compliance.
- Perform and execute vulnerability assessments, penetration tests and security audits.
Experience: 3 – 5 years of experience in IT Security preferred.
- Solid understanding of Endpoint Protection solutions
- Experience supporting endpoint disk encryption systems (BitLocker)
- Experience supporting log and event management tools
- Proficient with Tenable Nessus or other vulnerability scanning technology
- Proficient in administering Active Directory and Group Policies
- Experience supporting and administering Windows Servers and VMware infrastructure
- Understanding of network technologies Cisco Routing, Switching, and Wireless
- Cisco ASA or Palo Alto firewall experience is a plus
- Understand of security standards (such as CIS and NIST)
- Network Access Control experience (such as Forescout) is a plus
- Experience with manufacturing processing or industrial control systems is a plus
- Cloud Security experience (such as Azure/AWS/GCP)
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and with teams in a global work environment.
Education – Bachelors’ degree in Information Technology or equivalent IT experience, required
If you are interested in this role, please apply on Glatfelter’s website to be considered. Please do not reach out to executives or individuals directly. Thank you.