The IT Analyst/Developer executes the analysis, design, configuration, development, testing, implementation and operational support for vendor packaged and custom software solutions supporting Material Requirements Planning, Production Planning/Scheduling and Production Execution. The IT Analyst/Developer works with multiple stakeholders to understand and document the end-to-end business processes, builds and implements one or more IT software solutions to support the processes. The IT Analyst/Developer spends roughly 20% of his/her time working directly with business partners (e.g. production planners) supporting day-to-day operations of the plan-to-make business processes.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Translates functional business requirements into logical and physical design specifications to configure, document, and test software application solutions across multiple functional groups.
- Supports concurrent work assignments across applications and diverse user groups; works to resolve system issues.
- Configures, develops and tests elements of system design. Documents support materials including functional and technical specifications for use within IT.
- Maintains and develops internal business relationships to influence successful project outcomes.
- Defines and documents re-usable test cases; builds test objects and data as needed; participates in design and execution of system, integration and performance testing.
Education / Experience
Experience: 1 to 3 years of Information Technology or related education / coursework and/or related experience supporting Manufacturing, Production Planning and/or shop floor business systems. Experience/Education in Engineered Products or Paper industries preferred.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Mechanical, Manufacturing, Industrial, Quality or Production Engineering required.
- Knowledge of the SAP PP module and/or Optivision.
- Familiarity with SQL queries and working with Microsoft SQL Server.
- Ability to influence and collaborate at all levels of the organization.
- Strong technical skills, an interest/passion in understanding and improving manufacturing business processes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills; ability to quickly troubleshoot problems that may arise in production.
If you are interested in this role, please apply on Glatfelter’s website to be considered. Please do not reach out to executives or individuals directly. Thank you.