IT Analyst – SAP FICO
Glatfelter’s vision is to become the global supplier of choice in engineered materials. Our innovative solutions can be found throughout the world and across diverse applications, including beverage filtration, personal hygiene products, home improvement, and industrial technologies. Our culture is rooted in our Core Values, with business practices that protect and enhance environmental, social and economic resources so future generations can enjoy a life better than our own. Start your journey with Glatfelter, and create a career with a company that has succeeded for over 150 years!
The SAP FICO IT Analyst leads and/or executes the analysis, design, configuration, development, testing, implementation and operational support for SAP solutions supporting the Global Finance organization. Specifically, the SAP IT analyst will deliver and support solutions related to General Ledger Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivables, Fixed Assets, Product Costing, Material Ledger, Cost Center Accounting, Profit Center Accounting, Internal Order Accounting, and Financial Planning. The IT Analyst works with multiple stakeholders to understand and document the end-to-end business processes and related challenges – then recommends, builds and implements one or more IT software solutions to support the processes. The IT Analyst spends roughly 20% of their time working directly with their business partners (e.g. controller, finance manager) supporting day-to-day operations of the record-to-report business processes. This position will be based in Charlotte, NC.
This role requires strong technical skills, an interest/passion in understanding and improving finance business processes and good communication skills.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Facilitate business process reviews to gather expected business outcomes and functional requirements; document end-to-end processes, related IT systems and functional business requirements (include people, process and technology etc.).
- Translate functional business requirements into logical and physical design specifications; lead design reviews.
- Configure / develop and unit test elements of system design.
- Define and document re-usable test cases; build test objects and data as needed; participate in design and execution of system, integration and performance testing.
- Set schedules, timelines, scope, outcome/value maps, and other project artifacts.
- Create estimates for upcoming projects.
- Collaborate with global functional and technical resources.
- Perform 24X7 on-call applications support responsibilities per the team rotation schedule.
- Experience: Ten or more years of information technology or related experience supporting Finance business systems. Minimum of 5 years SAP experience.
- Education: Degree in Information Technology or Financial Accounting
- Business acumen and global finance process competency
- Strong SAP knowledge of the FI/CO module and related integration with MM, PP, PM and SD
- Working knowledge of other SAP modules (e.g. SD, MM, PP, PM, BI, etc.)
- Working knowledge of SAP ABAP, user exits, customer mods, etc.
- Demonstrated understanding and application of system development life-cycle
- Ability to influence and collaborate at all levels of the organization.
- Experience in manufacturing, specifically Engineered Products or Paper industries preferred.
If you are interested in this role, please apply on Glatfelter’s website to be considered. Please do not reach out to executives or individuals directly. Thank you.