Applications Analyst (SAP)
The Applications Analyst (SAP) leads and/or executes the analysis, design, configuration, development, testing, implementation and operational support for SAP solutions supporting the Global Order-To-Cash organization. Specifically, the Applications Analyst (SAP) will deliver and support solutions related to Order Management, Sales Order Pricing, Logistics Execution, Invoicing, related output forms, reporting and master data. The Applications Analyst works with multiple stakeholders to understand and document the end-to-end business processes and related challenges – then recommends, builds and implements one or more IT software solutions to support the processes. The Applications Analyst spends roughly 20% of their time working directly with their business partners (e.g. customer service) supporting day-to-day operations of the business processes.
This role requires strong technical skills, an interest/passion in understanding and improving finance business processes and good communication skills.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Facilitate business process reviews to gather expected business outcomes and functional requirements; document end-to-end processes, related IT systems and functional business requirements (include people, process and technology etc.).
- Translate functional business requirements into logical and physical design specifications; lead design reviews.
- Configure / develop and unit test elements of system design.
- Define and document re-usable test cases; build test objects and data as needed; participate in design and execution of system, integration and performance testing.
- Set schedules, timelines, scope, outcome/value maps, and other project artifacts.
- Create estimates for upcoming projects.
- Perform 24X7 on-call applications support responsibilities per the team rotation schedule.
- Ten or more years of information technology or related experience supporting Sales & Logistics business systems. Minimum of 5 years SAP experience.
- Degree in Information Technology
- Experience in Engineered Products or Paper industries preferred.
- Business acumen and global finance process competency
- Strong SAP knowledge of the SD/MM module and related integration with PP, PM and FI
- Working knowledge of other SAP modules (e.g. PP, PM, FI, etc.)
- Working knowledge of SAP ABAP, userexits, customer mods, etc.
- Demonstrated understanding and application of system development life-cycle
- Ability to influence and collaborate at all levels of the organization.
If you are interested in this role, please apply on Glatfelter’s website to be considered. Please do not reach out to executives or individuals directly. Thank you.