IT Security Analyst I
This position will be located in Charlotte, North Carolina, USA. The IT Security Analyst I performs core IT Security functions for the global enterprise. This position requires strong technical skills in regards to IT networking and security. This role executes the day-to-day operations of IT security solutions to identify and solve technical issues. The IT Security Analyst I will assist in the implementation of security solutions, the maintenance of security tools and services. Some procedural work is expected to improve the security effectiveness including producing documentation on how to use tools and best practices for protecting IT systems. The incumbent is expected to understand the enterprise’s security goals as established by its stated policies, procedures and guidelines and to actively work towards upholding those goals.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide support for global security systems and tools.
- Maintain operational configurations of all IT security solutions including by not limited to: Patch and Vulnerability Management, Endpoint Protection, Firewall Management, Log & Event Management.
- Monitor all security solutions for efficient and appropriate operations.
- Assist in the planning, design, and implementation of enterprise security architecture for technical, operational, and administrative activities.
- Maintain baselines for the secure configuration and operations of IT systems.
- Participate in security related projects and activities.
- Maintain knowledge of the IT security industry to improve security program
- Provide recommendations for additional security solutions or enhancements to existing controls, to improve overall enterprise security and “defense in depth” strategy.
- Perform the deployment, integration and initial configuration of all new security solutions as well as enhancements to existing security solutions in accordance with standards and best practices.
- Review security logs and events that are collected using provided tools.
- Participate on Security Incident Response Team (SIRT) to identify and resolve security issues.
- Participate in SOX control and control monitoring activities in support of Corporate Compliance.
- Perform and execute vulnerability assessments, penetration tests and security audits.
Education– College degree in Information Technology or equivalent IT experience
Experience– 3 – 5 years of experience in IT Security preferred.
- Solid understanding of Anti-virus and encryption tools such as Sophos AV and Microsoft BitLocker
- Experience with system monitoring tools such as Solarwinds, Lansweeper,
- Experience supporting log and event management tools such as Tenable LCE and Solarwinds LEM
- Proficient with Tenable Nessusor other vulnerability scanning technology
- Proficiency in administering Active Directory and Group Policies
- Experience supporting and administering Windows Servers and VMware infrastructure
- Understanding of network technologies Cisco Routing, Switching, and Wireless
- Cisco ASA or Palo Alto firewall experience is a plus
- Understand of security standards, such as CIS and NIST
- Experience with manufacturing processing or industrial control systems is a plus
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and with teams in a global work environment.
If you are interested in this role, please apply on Glatfelter’s website to be considered. Please do not reach out to executives or individuals directly. Thank you.