Junior Product Development Engineer
Located in Gernsbach, Germany, the position of Junior Product Development Engineer is responsible for working in a cross-functional team of nonwoven material developers and engineers to deliver on agreed milestones for new product development projects. The individual is expected to be hands-on, and to produce, test and analyze new product constructions for products in the areas of Building & Industrial and Technical Specialties
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop new products as defined by management utilizing technology road maps, functional plans and other resources
- Initiate, plan, manage and execute the laboratory studies (lab orders, explorative studies, Design-of-Experiment studies, project studies).
- Assess characteristics of new fibers, binders and other raw materials.
- Manage & support pilot plant trials as well as production machine trials and conduct physical, electrical & chemical product testing.
- Supervise & support trials at external research facilities, suppliers and customers.
- Analyse customer products and competitive materials.
- Develop & validate new or improved laboratory test methods, predominantly in the Industrial/Electrical segment.
Bachelor degree (or EU equivalent) in paper making, engineering, chemistry, material or polymer science or Laboratory Technician
- 3 years of experience working in labs or pilot facilities in the area of paper and nonwovens.
- Good general understanding of materials and technologies.
- Experience in international companies with complex matrix organization
- Preferably 2+ years experience in Product Development in the area of paper and nonwovens.
- Highly structured and organized
- Strives for quality, efficiency & effectiveness, willingness to develop into a development project leader
- Affinity to work in a production environment, hands-on mentality
- Experimental lab methods: refiner and sheetmaker, binder impregnation,
- Analytical methods: physical testing (tensile strength, porosity, …), microscopy, fiber analyzer, electrical testing (ESR, BDV, …)
- Good interpersonal skills
- Language skills: Fluent in English & German is a must