Maintenance Reliability Specialist
Located in Mount Holly, NC, Glatfelter is looking for a Maintenance Reliability Specialist, reporting directly to the Maintenance Engineering Leader. The Maintenance Reliability Specialist will perform reliability duties for all types of manufacturing and facilities equipment used throughout the mill; manage downtime tracking and reporting; ensure safety of self, others, and equipment in all work areas. This role may require some travel up to 6% depending on specific projects.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintains a safe working environment for self and others.
- Coordinates with maintenance personnel and mill leadership to identify root causes, address and correct reliability issues to maximize performance of the asset/s and overall site maintenance.
- Tracks and reports on downtime, focuses on root-cause analysis, and takes action to prevent reoccurrence (within Maintenance or in cooperation with other departments).
- Manages and promotes predictive maintenance program with support from other team members.
- Supports and improves preventative maintenance program.
- Leads projects (capital or expense) to improve reliability and reduce costs.
- Inputs projects and improvements into shutdown planning.
- Suggests improvements to maintenance supply stores.
- Provide training, coaching, and mentoring to improve performance skill sets.
- Develops standard work, SOPs, and work instructions in support of reliability.
- Assist in design of new equipment to improve reliability.
- Back up for other Maintenance team members.
- Assignments and duties may vary at times.
Education & Experience:
- 5-10 years related experience and/or applicable training/experience.
- Associates degree or technical certificate from a two-year college or technical school preferred in the applied sciences or advanced manufacturing; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with scheduling and coordinating technical tasks
- Experience with root cause analysis and countermeasure techniques
- Background in Maintenance
- Computer Skills:
- Computer literacy required (MS Office, ERP software (Optivision), and purchasing)
- Experience with SAP or other Maintenance Planning and Work Order system
- Data and task compliance analyzing and reporting
- Leadership, teamwork, collaboration, communication, interpersonal skills
- Critical thinking, creative problem solving, decision making
- Analytical, organizing, and prioritizing skills
- Bias for action
- # of OSHA incidences for technical & engineering
- Downtime for technical issues
- Budget adherence
- Cost /MT
- Employee engagement
Desired Values & Behaviors:
- Commitment to safety
- Works easily across functional and geographic areas to resolve issues and identify/execute appropriate solutions
- Support philosophy of “One Company – One Culture”
- Actively supports Glatfelter Core Values
- Proactive approach to client service and value generation
- Balanced, long-term perspective
- Flexible in a fast paced, high intensity environment with willingness to perform other tasks as needed
If you are interested in this role, please apply on Glatfelter’s website to be considered. Please do not reach out to executives or individuals directly. Thank you.