Located in Asheville, NC the Maintenance Technician under occasional supervision, is responsible for troubleshooting machinery problems and continuously monitoring electrical and mechanical devices as part of a predictive and preventive maintenance plan. Understands and demonstrates proactive maintenance concepts and employs best maintenance practices. This position is expected to have a significant impact on improvements in Run Time Efficiency (RTE).
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs daily preventive maintenance.
- Troubleshoots and repairs problems with all equipment (production, facilities, auxiliary, etc.)
- Locate electrical and mechanical trouble by using available test equipment (meters, meggers, strobe lights, etc.)
- Repair and/or replace defective electrical and mechanical equipment
- Troubleshoots and repairs electrical/electronic control circuits for AC/DC motor circuits
- Diagnose, analyze and repair electronic, electro-mechanical and instrumentation equipment, operating in all areas, utilizing meters, gauges and other testing methods
- Install, repairs, adjusts and calibrates various types of measuring, recording and controlling equipment necessary to monitor or run manufacturing lines
- Troubleshoots PLC hardware
- Originate and process urgent work orders when needed
- Updates daily maintenance activities in logbooks
- Recommends necessary parts for repairs and maintenance with assistance from the maintenance engineering team
- Submits all modifications made to equipment during repairs (i.e. updating schematics, drawings, etc.) to lead technicians for update
- Good working knowledge of electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic devices and principles
- Suggests maintenance items to be included in preventive maintenance program
- Assists in writing and updating standard maintenance and safety procedures
- Familiarizes self with new equipment.
- Stays informed of operational activities and process changes which may affect the normal operation of the equipment
- Assists in the installation of new equipment and equipment modification projects
- Records all measurements during predictive and preventive maintenance activities to generate statistical charts for analysis
- Assists with training needs in areas of familiarity
- Has knowledge of and adheres to all departmental rules, regulations, and procedures
- Other duties as determined by company needs
- At least a 2 year technical degree is required or 2 years of experience working as a maintenance technician with industrial equipment, or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Working knowledge of motor control systems (drives/inverters), PLC’s, and communications systems.
- Must posses basic electrical/electronics circuit knowledge and intermediate mechanical, HVAC, and compressor systems knowledge.
- Must have working knowledge of production and support equipment and related controls.
- Must be able to operate in a team environment, remaining flexible to multiple demands.
- Excellent communication and people skills are necessary along with detail orientation.
- Must be able surmise the operation all production equipment as well as office equipment such as a personal computer, copier and fax machine.
- Must be able to read prints, assembly drawings, and electrical schematics.
- Welding ability is desired.
- It is also desired to have a working knowledge of lathes, milling machines, breaks, presses, band saws and other shop equipment
If you are interested in this role, please apply on Glatfelter’s website to be considered. Please do not reach out to executives or individuals directly. Thank you.