Located in Fort Smith, Arkansas. Under the leadership of the Logistics & Materials Leader, the Material Handler is responsible for receiving, inspecting, storing, issuing, and delivering a variety of materials, equipment and supplies. The Material Handler assists in the distribution as well as in the processing of parts within the organization.
- Ensures safety of self and others by consistently following safety procedures.
Ensures all OSHA documentation on equipment check lists are current and complete before using any powered lift equipment. Attends and participates in all appropriate health and safety training. Inspects his work environment such as Lift truck, warehouse area and trailers as per procedure
- Loads and unloads trailers, railcars, and containers with paper rolls, skids, bales, roll pulp, finished goods, mechanical parts or any other products.
- Transports products listed above from docks to bay locations and vice versa using gas-powered, electric and manually operated lift trucks.
- Verifies labels for proper identification of product against projections orders to ensure correct weight, color, size, address, and conformity to packaging and other specifications.
- Follows quality requirement based on procedures and policies.
- Secures products in trailers, rail cars, and containers by proper blocking, according to prescribed procedures, so as to prevent damage in transit.
- Monitors condition of trailers from suppliers and transports for finished goods delivery to ensure compliance to Glatfelter quality standards
- Maintains safe and orderly warehousing practices
- Ensures that gross and axle weights are within legal limits on all shipments.
- Tallies outbound loads and provides information to Distribution Services for use in planning.
- Affixes labels or tickets to products as required.
- Maintains and verifies proper documentation and transactions related to every shipment and or inventory movement with use of RF scanners.
- Creates prints and organizes bills of lading, packing lists and other shipment documentation necessary to ship outbound freight as required.
- Identifies damage to products and communicates all damage to Warehouse Supervisors
If you are interested in this role, please apply on Glatfelter’s website to be considered. Please do not reach out to executives or individuals directly. Thank you.