Glatfelter’s vision is to become the global supplier of choice in engineered materials. Our innovative solutions can be found throughout the world and across diverse applications, including beverage filtration, personal hygiene products, home improvement, and industrial technologies. Our culture is rooted in our Core Values, with business practices that protect and enhance environmental, social and economic resources so future generations can enjoy a life better than our own. Start your journey with Glatfelter, and create a career with a company that has succeeded for over 150 years!
The Payroll Lead will serve as the payroll subject matter expert in all payroll processes, will provide support internally for various projects and questions, and will manage the external payroll vendor. This position will oversee the successful and on-time delivery of the company’s US based payroll platform from gross to net including bi-weekly and monthly payrolls, which incorporates the Glatfelter Senior Executive team and all reporting under multiple FEIN’s in multiple states. In addition to the regular payrolls, this person will oversee all vacation, profit sharing, bonus payments, stock based compensation and other special payrolls and will be responsible for conducting regular audit activity for all internal audit and SOX controls.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage external payroll vendor – Wise Consulting
- Oversee successful and on-time delivery of company’s monthly and bi-weekly payrolls
- Address all inquiries related to payroll, providing guidance on payroll laws, income taxes, employee benefits, garnishments, reimbursement policies, etc.
- Assist with information for relocation, localization, and expatriate shadow payrolls
- Responsible for bi-weekly Kronos timekeeping approval/validation and export process
- Support payroll processes related to the company’s non-qualified deferred compensation and 401(k) plans, controlling eligibility and vesting, company and employee contributions, and pre-tax/post tax deductions based on location, date of hire etc.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all human resources, personal, business, and compensation data
- Regularly analyze and update standard operating procedures to reflect new laws and regulations
- Approve all payroll related cash disbursements.
- Prepare all payroll-related journal entries for Corporate Accounting review and posting.
- Assist Corporate Accounting with quarterly payroll account reconciliation to ensure postings are reflected correctly.
- Responsible for key processes, audits and controls to support Internal Audit and SOX Compliance
- Conduct/communicate regular audit activity and reporting changes in processes that could impact the integrity of the controls
- Monitor and document review of annual SSAE16 reports for key outsourced service providers impacting payroll.
- Serve as payroll subject matter expert & internal support in projects that impact the payroll vendor, system, or processes. Manage all reporting requests, with support from payroll vendor.
- Ensure reporting integrity and timely filing of all W2 relevant data for US employees including Glatfelter Senior Executive Team.
- Support stock issuance, vesting, dividends, and other incentive plans specifically designed to incentivize the Executive level of management. Must understand specific tax rules that apply to each plan to validate proper withholdings from employees as required by law to be paid to the federal, state, and local tax jurisdictions.
- Oversee non-qualified supplemental pension payments to retirees, including yearend required reporting
- Support internal/external auditors in conjunction with compliance and internal controls audits, quarterly reviews, annual benefit plan audits, including those associated with 401k plans, pension plans, EEOC, Worker’s Comp, R&D Credit, State Ops Reporting, Unclaimed Property, and DOL reporting.
- Oversee payroll tax audit and validation of timely tax filing and payments by Dayforce, alongside Wise consulting. Act as subject matter expert on payroll tax questions and issues, in collaboration with Glatfelter’s Tax Department.
- Effectively communicate payroll information to employees as required.
- Support HR Benefits and Compensation processes
- 7-10 years of experience preparing/processing/verifying multi-state payroll and payroll processing software (Dayforce, Kronos preferred).
- Strong knowledge and experience with various tax nuances related to multi-state and multi FEIN payment processes
- Familiarity with SAP, Kronos, and Ceridian Dayforce
- Exhibit excellent communication and problem resolution skills, as well as strong mathematical skills with a high degree of accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously with accuracy, and efficiency
- Experience in both Corporate and Manufacturing environments is preferred
- Associates Degree required; Bachelor’s Degree and/or Certified Payroll Professional certification preferred
If you are interested in this role, please apply on Glatfelter’s website to be considered. Please do not reach out to executives or individuals directly. Thank you.