Located in Madison, Tennessee the Production Operator is responsible for the daily operations of a woven and non-woven production lines ensuring a quality product, maintaining a safe environment, and achieving desired key performance measurements. Processes include converting, slitting, and packaging equipment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs all tasks in a safe manner, complies with all safety rules including ZES and confined spaced entry. Identifies and reports unsafe operations to the supervisor immediately.
- Follows all company policies.
- Works under the guidance of the supervisor to perform and complete the assigned duties in timely manner.
- Inspects equipment to identify any replacements, malfunctions, and repairs. Recommends improvements.
- Changeover process: setup the production equipment and supplies before executing the job orders.
- Ensures all process parameters are set as per the specification or within the acceptable range defined by the process to ensure a quality product.
- Brings samples to the lab per defined inspection plan. Report any quality issue with incoming raw material or finished good materials to the supervisor and to Quality.
- Fills all process and quality records as requested. Reports any changes for process parameters, any issues with equipment as needed to the supervisor.
- Performs preventive maintenance per defined schedule.
- Performs routine or minor maintenance of equipment.
- Troubleshoots process and equipment issues.
- Maintains housekeeping expectations (clean and organized). Fills housekeeping audits and reports findings.
- Contributes to waste management programs.
- Attends all training classes that are scheduled for the operators.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED
- Must be proficient in computer, mechanical, and written communication skills.
- Good organizational, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills a must.
If you are interested in this role, please apply on Glatfelter’s website to be considered. Please do not reach out to executives or individuals directly. Thank you.