Production Operator- Madison, TN
Located in Madison, Tennessee the Production Operator is responsible for the daily operations of a woven and non-woven production lines ensuring a quality product, maintaining a safe environment, and achieving desired key performance measurements. Processes include converting, slitting, and packaging equipment.
- Performs all tasks in a safe manner, complies with all safety rules including ZES and confined spaced entry. Identifies and reports unsafe operations to the supervisor immediately.
- Follows all company policies.
- Works under the guidance of the supervisor to perform and complete the assigned duties in timely manner.
- Inspects equipment to identify any replacements, malfunctions, and repairs. Recommends improvements.
- Changeover process: setup the production equipment and supplies before executing the job orders.
- Ensures all process parameters are set as per the specification or within the acceptable range defined by the process to ensure a quality product.
- Brings samples to the lab per defined inspection plan. Report any quality issue with incoming raw material or finished good materials to the supervisor and to Quality.
- Fills all process and quality records as requested. Reports any changes for process parameters, any issues with equipment as needed to the supervisor.
- Performs preventive maintenance per defined schedule.
- Performs routine or minor maintenance of equipment.
- Troubleshoots process and equipment issues.
- Maintains housekeeping expectations (clean and organized). Fills housekeeping audits and reports findings.
- Contributes to waste management programs.
- Attends all training classes that are scheduled for the operators.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED
- Must be proficient in computer, mechanical, and written communication skills.
- Good organizational, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills a must.
Glatfelter offers a robust benefit package, including medical, dental, vision insurance, paid time off, and an enhanced 401K.
Madison, TN is situated just a few short miles southwest of the Cumberland River and located approximately 20 miles northeast of downtown Nashville. Outdoor enthusiasts will be particularly drawn to this area because of its convenient river access and encompassing beautiful natural areas- perfect for hunting, fishing, boating, hiking and camping. The nearby Greenway Trails are also over 100 miles of family and dog friendly paths that range in length from a short 10- to 15-minute walk to 10 miles or more. Most are located on or near waterways all over Davidson County. All of the greenways are mostly flat, paved paths, but they all offer different experiences: Some include history, some have sweeping Cumberland River riverscapes, some offer downtown views, some have babbling creeks and primitive trails, and some feature playgrounds, dog parks and other amenities.
Additionally- the lively and music saturated scene of Downtown Nashville is just a 20-minute commute. However, Madison is also close to both Hermitage and Hendersonville, TN. All three areas offer numerous eating establishments, pubs, shopping and events closer to home.
If you are interested in this role, please apply on Glatfelter’s website to be considered. Please do not reach out to executives or individuals directly. Thank you.