Located in Fort Smith, AR Glatfelter is seeking a Quality Leader to manage quality functions for their respective site. This leader will have end-to-end responsibility for all Quality-related processes, training & development, employee engagement, performance management, communications, customer relations, and cooperation according to the functional model. The incumbent will secure state-of-the-art Quality processes across the entire product lifecycle, lead and support company-wide and mill-focused projects, and act as a strong business partner for the local management team with a focus on leadership and quality operations. The Quality Leader will be a role model for Glatfelter core values, safety, compliance, and serve as a steward of the Glatfelter culture, proactively engaging in customer relations both internal and external. The successful candidate will be a critical and integral member of the core Fort Smith (FST) Leadership team, leading and supporting the activities of a team of FTS PEOPLE in the areas of quality as we continually improve our processes and products, maintaining world class quality air laid materials for our customers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Leads & ensures processes needed for Quality Management System (QMS – ISO 9000) are established, implemented, and maintained.
- Monitors and advises the FTS Lead Team on QMS performance and improvement needs based on operational KPI’s.
- Leads the Quality management of all final products leaving FTS.
- Liaises with Customers and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Manages Glatfelter and external (suppliers) audit programs. Performs quality inspections as scheduled.
- Manages SPC & Performance results. Gathers relevant data producing reports & trend analysis.
- Maintains fiscal & budget of quality operations.
- Maintains documentation in association with quality objectives subject to internal and external audits
- Investigates & implements corrective actions as may be necessary to maintain high quality standards.
- Oversees and assigns activities of two direct reports
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, or relevant science (chemistry, biology, physics). Masters degree preferred.
- Minimum of 8 to 10 years of experience, in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Six Sigma green belt; black belt, lean master certification or similar certification preferred.
- Internal/external ISO 9000 certification; ISO 14000 preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage personnel effectively, providing performance feedback and opportunities for development and growth.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment across geographic boundaries
- MicroSoft Office suite literacy & fluency required.
- Strong passion for quality excellence.
If you are interested in this role, please apply on Glatfelter’s website to be considered. Please do not reach out to executives or individuals directly. Thank you.