This position will be located in Lydney, UK.
The Quality Manager is responsible for maintaining the quality system for the Lydney mill including ISO 9001, BRC, FSC, PEFC, SMETA, Halal, and Kosher, as well maintaining and ensuring document control of the quality manual and associated quality procedures. The Quality Manager ensures good communication with customers, provides customer support as needed, including factory visits, and responds to and resolves customer complaints effectively and promptly. This employee is also responsible for providing accurate and timely information (in cooperation with the Technical Manager) on quality issues that allows the Mill Manager, Operations Manager, and Line Managers to take timely and effective corrective actions and/or improvement steps. The Quality Manager carries out internal quality systems audits and complies with H&S responsiblities and leads by example.
Duties & Responsbilities
- Oversee internal RCA’s for customer complaint and work through Technical Manager, line managers and Product Development Manager to establish CA’s and PA’s
- Oversee product testing in lab area and the day to day management of the shift lab testers
- Establish and maintain internal quality inspection processes (sample inspections, final inspections etc)
- Provide monthly reports for mill manager and CFBU on status of quality at Lydney
- Administers calibration programme for mill instrumentation
- Work closely with C.I. and Technical Team, assists with improvement initiatives as they relate to product or service quality
- Attend daily production meeting, reports on complaints received and tracks/follows through with CCA process to resolve complaint issues
- Responsible for the completion of internal quality system audits, reporting on findings and developing action plans for closure of issues identified
- Follow-up actions completion after mill audits
- Organises and leads monthly Management Quality Review Meetings. Collects appropriate data, collates and presents for review. Records actions from meetings and pursues closure using CCA processes.
- Propose quality improvement ideas
- Ensure good quality communication and improve quality awareness within the mill.
Education: Degree Educated, preferably a Quality or Engineering-based degree
Experience Required: 5+ years within quality department in manufacturing environment
- Paper industry experience.
- Food packaging industry experience.
- Knowledge of BRC Food Hygiene standard.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001, 14001 & 45001.
- Green belt accreditation.
- Thorough knowledge (both theoretical and practical) of quality systems and quality processes
- Thorough knowledge of the company quality, hygiene and safety systems.
- Knowledge of SPC techniques, RCA’s , preventative and corrective action processes and SOP development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- MS Office literate (strong Excel skills, Powerpoint)
- Ability to set up and monitor KPI’s and drive quality performance using them.
- Software knowledge (SAP, QIS, QIM, Minitab).
- People management skills