Senior Director / Director of Global Digital and Analytics Products
This position will be located in Charlotte, North Carolina.
The Sr. Director/Director of Global Digital and Analytics Products will direct, manage and build both digital and business intelligence products/services that enable the use of information and automation to improve performance that accelerates business results. These products include but are not limited to operational reporting, data visualization, dashboards, predictive analytics, machine learning and robotic process automation solutions. The incumbent serves as an advisor to the Sr. Leadership team to develop and deliver enterprise-wide solutions for complex data challenges, including developing and applying algorithmic models to derive insights, improve decision making, and automate processes. The leader will be expected to: create value through data exploitation, envision data-enabled strategies, enable all forms of business outcomes thought analytics, establish data and analytics governance and specify enterprise information policy. This person will also be expected to lead multiple simultaneous initiatives with highly skilled teams; manage career development for team; coordinate the ongoing development of global IT plans, projects, and processes; maintain active working relationships with business unit leaders to ensure a high degree of alignment of IT resources to business strategy and be an active hands-on member of the team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Define data and analytics strategy practices, lead the creation (and assure the ongoing relevance) of Glatfelter’s data and analytics strategy in collaboration with the CIO, and Sr Leadership team. Institute an enterprise operating model that is consistent with the capabilities and competencies required to execute the strategy.
- Organize and lead a global data and analytics center of excellence, and constantly improve the organization’s capacity to enable development of insights with advanced analytics. Define members’ responsibilities and accountabilities for both. Define job roles, recruit candidates, and then manage (directly or indirectly) a team of data and analytics governance leaders and senior information management professionals in different regions and functions across a complex, international group enterprise.
- Take authority, responsibility and accountability for exploiting the value of enterprise information assets, and of the analytics used to render insights for decision making, automated decisions and augmentation of human performance. Be the corporate leader of data-driven insights that help support the exploitation of strategic and tactical business opportunities. Oversee the development and deployment of the enterprise’s data and analytics platform for digital business.
- Proactively work with CIO and Sr. Executives to establish the vision for managing data as a business asset — to exploit data using research and analytics to maximize the return on data assets. Develop methods to ensure consistent application and use of analytics. Establish the governance of data and algorithms used for analysis, analytical applications and automated decision making.
- Lead the development, publishing and maintenance of the organization’s information architecture, as well as a roadmap for its future development, ensuring that it matches and supports business needs.
- Expand the organization’s research and analytics offerings, especially in emerging analytical approaches, skills and technologies, focusing them on digital business innovation.
- Foster the creation of a data-driven culture, related competencies and data literacy across the enterprise.
- Oversee the integration and staging of data, and the development and maintenance of the data lakes, data warehouse and data marts, for use by analysts throughout the organization.
- Acts as a thought leader on emerging digital business models and technologies, articulating the digital future and the enterprise’s role in it internally and externally.
- Leads the process to identify and evaluate internal digital asset capabilities and strengths. Assesses external digital opportunities and threats as key inputs to making the best decisions on business strategy, given digital realities.
- Partner with the CIO to scan the horizon for emerging management tools, skills, techniques and technologies. Work together to ensure their timely introduction for competitive advantage and to minimize duplication.
Education – Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Math or related field.
Experience – 10-15+ years of equivalent experience in information technology; 5-10+ years in technical development and leadership roles on BI, Digital and Data Warehouse projects with significant experience in:
- Architecting and implementing ETL and data replication solutions that provide timely and accurate ingestion of data to data warehouses and data lakes
- Architecting and implementing contemporary back end data warehouse and data lake repositories that support reporting, analysis, exploration, visualization and machine learning
- Designing ‘tiers’ of information (hot, warm, cold) based on need and practical archiving strategies
- Designing and developing front end solutions for reporting, exploration, visualization and analysis, including self-service
- Designing and developing with Relational Reporting Tools
- In-depth knowledge of SAP data (S4 Hana and ECC 6) and modeling solutions in Business Warehouse-BW and through CDS views. Experience with Hadoop architecture, predictive analytics and major programming/scripting languages like Python, R, Scala is preferred.
- Awareness and understanding of public data sets ability to ingest and integrate.
- Experience coordinating the development of architectural standards and road maps.
- Proven experience with future state architecture, taking business to the next level, creating competitive advantage to the business. Proven experience laying out technology roadmap connecting the dots with business needs.
- Influencing: Demonstrates clear leadership and the ability to influence and persuade. Develops influential relationships with internal and external customers/suppliers/partners at senior management level, including industry leaders. Makes decisions which impact the work of employing organizations, achievement of organizational objectives and financial performance. Solid presentation and communication skills, ability to effectively influence.
- Business and Technical Acumen: Inherent business acumen with an in depth understanding of analytic solutions, IT strategy and mill product industry best practices. Absorbs complex technical information and communicates effectively at all levels to both technical and non-technical audiences. Assesses and evaluates risk. Understands the implications of new technologies. A strong desire to learn and expand their leadership skills.
- Analytical Thinking: Acquiring a proper understanding of a problem or situation by breaking it down systematically into its component parts and identifying the relationships between these parts, selecting the appropriate method/tool to resolve the problem and reflecting on the result, such that learning is identified and absorbed.
- Complexity: Performs highly complex work activities covering technical, financial and quality aspects. Contributes to the formulation and implementation of IT strategy. Creatively applies a wide range of technical and/or management principles. Ability to multi-task and switch between tasks quickly and smoothly.
- Planning: Ability to plan and manage implementation of processes and procedures, tools and practices guarantying best run of enterprise architecture, in respect of simplifying, optimizing and creating competitive advantage align to business goals and its expectations. Monitors performance and takes corrective action where necessary.
- Able to work autonomously and exhibit excellent judgment.
If you are interested in this role, please apply on Glatfelter’s website to be considered. Please do not reach out to executives or individuals directly. Thank you.