Senior Internal Auditor
The position of Senior Internal Auditor will participate in business process reviews over areas that contribute in significant ways to the profitability and viability of the Company. The successful candidate must demonstrate the capability to systematically conduct reviews to determine if internal controls over relevant business process cycles are designed well and operating effectively to prevent financial mistatement and address business risks. In addition, the candidate must be capable to provide objective assessments relating to operational improvement opportunities and/or reducing risk. Eligible candidates must have auditing and/or accounting experience working with the U.S. Sarbanes Oxley Act (SOX).
Duties & Responsibilities
- Planning and coordinating audit assignments, preparing the audit planning memorandum (APM), and managing assignments in support of completing the annual internal audit plan.
- Develop audit programs, using generally accepted auditing standards (US GAAS) and the most current version of the Committee of Sponsoring Organizations (COSO) framework as guides, to address relevant risks over the business cycle(s) being evaluated.
- Conduct and document business process interviews to confirm internal controls over the initiation, authorization, recording, and reporting of financial transactions are properly designed, effective, and in compliance with stated management policies.
- Perform compliance and substantive tests to determine design and operating effectiveness of internal controls.
- Perform procedures to ensure that data used in the operation of internal controls and procedures is both complete and accurate.
- Obtain documentation that supports audit findings and conclusions.
- Prepare audit workpaper files in accordance with department policy and procedures.
- Communicate audit findings and conclusions during closing meetings with key stakeholders.
- Based upon audit findings and conclusions, draft audit reports that conveys insights as to the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls and business processes.
- Perform follow-up procedures on corrective actions taken in response to prior report recommendations and observations.
- Assist the Company’s external auditors in testing and evaluating operating effectiveness of the Company’s internal controls.
- Support the Company’s compliance with the Sarbanes Oxley Act by performing interim and roll forward testing of key controls, assessing controls effectiveness, and advising control owners on remediating any deficiencies identified.
- Participate in special projects, such as ethics investigations and acquisition due diligence, at the direction of Internal Audit Department (IAD) Leadership.
Experience & Education
Experience – 5+ years progressive experience with an international accounting firm, public company internal audit experience, or equivalent financial experience with a global organization.
- Strong knowledge and experience in evaluating business risks and internal controls in a U.S. based Sarbanes-Oxley environment.
- Language skills (German and English required).
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Effective at documenting business processes and assessing segregation of duties in an ERP environment.
- Ability and willingness to travel to other European site locations, as necessary.
- Working knowledge of SAP ECC and/or SAP S/4HANA.
Education – Bachelor’s degree (or EU equivalent) from a four-year college or university in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration.
Additional comment: Regarding the location – this position is flexible and can also be remote with an increased travel percentage.