Senior Internal Auditor
Glatfelter is seeking a Senior Internal Auditor, who will report directly to our Director, Internal Auditor. This role will participate in business process reviews over areas that contribute in significant ways to the profitability and viability of the Company. The successful candidate will be able to systematically conduct reviews to determine whether internal controls over relevant business process cycles are designed well and operating effectively to address the financial and business risks as well as provide objective assessments relating to opportunities for operational improvement, and/or reducing risk exposure.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Take an active role in the planning and coordination of audit assignments through the preparation of the audit planning memorandum (APM) in support of completing the annual internal audit plan.
- Develop audit programs, using generally accepted auditing standards and most current version of the Committee of Sponsoring Organizations (COSO) framework as guides, to address relevant risks over the business cycle(s) being evaluated.
- Conduct and document business process interviews to confirm internal controls over the initiation, authorization, recording and reporting of financial transactions for selected business process cycles are effective and in compliance with stated management policies.
- Upon confirmation of the business process steps, perform compliance and substantive tests over management policies and guidelines, as well as the design and operating effectiveness and internal controls.
- Perform procedures to ensure that data used in the operation of internal controls and procedures is both complete and accurate.
- Obtain documentation that supports audit findings and conclusions.
- Prepare audit workpaper files in accordance with department policy and procedures.
- Based upon audit findings and conclusions, assist in preparing written audit recommendations to address findings or internal control weakness. Include reasonable recommendations for improvements and discuss findings with auditee.
- Perform follow-up procedures on corrective actions taken in response to prior report recommendations and observations.
- Assist the Company’s external auditors in their testing and evaluation of operating effectiveness of the Company’s internal controls.
- Participate in special projects, such as ethics investigations and other due diligence, at the direction of Internal Audit Department (IAD) Leadership.
- Performs all other related and comparable duties as assigned.
- Travel: Ability and willingness to travel up to 25-35% to other site locations.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or Economics.
- 3-6 years related experience with a Big 4 accounting firm and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience with a reputable IAD function.
- CPA certification required (or CIA)
- SAP experience required
- AuditBoard exposure preferred
- Language skills (German, French, etc.) preferred
- Manufacturing experience preferred. Exposure to fraud work.
- Strong knowledge of business risks and internal controls.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Effective at documenting business processes and assessing segregation of duties issues in an ERP environment.
- Good presentation skills
- Strong strategic thinking and planning skills
If you are interested in this role, please apply on Glatfelter’s website to be considered. Please do not reach out to executives or individuals directly. Thank you.