Senior Tax Accountant/Systems Tax Analyst
Glatfelter’s vision is to become the global supplier of choice in engineered materials. Our innovative solutions can be found throughout the world and across diverse applications, including beverage filtration, personal hygiene products, home improvement, and industrial technologies. Our culture is rooted in our Core Values, with business practices that protect and enhance environmental, social and economic resources so future generations can enjoy a life better than our own. Start your journey with Glatfelter, and create a career with a company that has succeeded for over 150 years!
The Senior Tax Accountant/System Tax Analyst is an integral part of the tax compliance and reporting function. In this position, you will focus on federal and state tax compliance and reporting matters of the Company. This position is also responsible for working closely with IT to leverage data mining to meet special tax project requests, as well as interfacing data sources to existing software, providing on-going administrative support for all tax applications, and assisting with all pc related issues. The successful candidate will support the Domestic Tax Manager in minimizing domestic income taxes and making reporting workstreams more efficient, while maintaining compliance with all laws, through effective federal and state compliance and planning.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as a thought leader in areas of leveraging technology to make the tax department more efficient, while educating the tax team on new technology products and tools.
- Prepare all required information for federal and state tax returns, estimated tax payments, and extensions.
- Plan, direct, and execute various projects, including technology improvement to increase process efficiencies.
- Prepare timely and accurate quarterly tax provision calculations, including SEC tax footnotes and disclosures under US GAAP and ASC 740.
- Demonstrate initiative, creativity, and implement processes that improve the efficiency and accuracy of compliance activities and enhance process narratives.
- Assist with tax planning, research, and special projects including, but not limited to, developing tax, US GAAP, and STAT accounting positions, policies, and procedures.
- Perform tax research to support the Company’s decision-making process.
- Monitor existing and emerging tax law changes and assess the impact on the Company.
- Proactively identify tax technology needs, including opportunities for process improvements, automation, efficiency gains, and best practice implementations.
- Prepare research memoranda, written correspondence and guidance, and other documents for submission to management and taxing authorities.
- Assist in managing outsourced workstreams and third-party relationships
- Maintain/improve effective internal controls over U.S. domestic tax processes
- Perform other duties as required
- Bachelor or master’s degree in tax or accounting
- CPA license preferred but not required
- 5+ years’ experience working in a corporate income tax function
- 3+ years’ experience with US GAAP, ASC 740, and SEC regulations
- Ability to present technical tax matters and tax-related IT matters in a meaningful and useful way to other business leaders and serve as a liaison with the company’s IT group
- Strong technical tax knowledge in all areas of tax including Federal, SALT and Tax Accounting
- Ability to manage multiple projects and a variety of assignments. Strong project management abilities with proven examples of stakeholder engagements.
- Detail-oriented, organized, analytical, with a problem-solving mindset
- Ability to work in a fast paced and demanding environment
- Proficient in MS office; advanced Excel
- Intermediate or advanced proficiency in the following software required: OneSource Tax Provision, Hyperion, SAP (ECC and S/4HANA), S4 Group Reporting, Excel, BNA Fixed Assets Web, CorpTax Compliance Software
- Strong professional ethics and integrity with high level of accountability
- Exhibits a strong ability to handle multiple demands with a sense of urgency, drive, and energy
- Team player who can also work independently
- Must be self-directed, have excellent initiative and organizational skills to excel in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Excellent communicator and educator of others that is respectful; able to translate tax rules and concepts into clear actionable information
If you are interested in this role, please apply on Glatfelter’s website to be considered. Please do not reach out to executives or individuals directly. Thank you.