Glatfelter is a leading global supplier of engineered materials. Our ongoing portfolio transformation is creating a more stable, growth-oriented business, coupled with a leaner cost structure and a new operating model. Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Glatfelter’s annual revenues are approximately $1 Billion. Our 3,250 employees serve customers in more than 100 countries.
We are currently seeking a Shift Electrician to join our team, to be based at the Lydney Papermill. This role will provide a comprehensive maintenance and electrical breakdown service and support to the relevant functions of the Mill, to enable the department to operate at a level of availability and performance within agreed standards.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Diagnose and repair equipment breakdowns. Identifying failure modes of plant equipment and returning the equipment to operation safely and in a reasonable timescale.
- To follow up all shift reports, SAP and other inspection reports detailing corrective actions.
- Identifying failure modes of electrical equipment and making recommendations to prevent further failures.
- To work under the rules of the Electrical and Mechanical safety systems, issuing certificates / permits as and when required.
- To assess all engineering plant changes using the Management of Change (MOC) system.
- To obtain maintenance schedules from the maintenance management system (SAP) and feedback work carried out.
- To liaise with engineering day teams to identify and resolve long-term engineering issues.
- To carry out preventive maintenance routines and electrical service and support, ensuring continuous improvement in the standards of electrical engineering, health and safety and environmental performance, such that set business objectives are met.
Education & Experience:
- Candidates should:
- Possess a formal technical qualification in Electrical Engineering and be familiar with the 17th Edition IEE Regulations
- Have knowledge of electrical engineering principles with a comprehensive understanding of fitting, turning and general fabrication, rigging and lifting of heavy loads
- Have experience with motor control, instrumentation, PLC’s and modern drives systems in a continuous process industry
- Possess a good working knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and the application of continuous process environment
- A self-starter, self-motivated with good analytical skills
- Have the ability to assimilate, organise and analyse pertinent information for logic-based problem solving
- Be able to communicate in a clear concise manner, both in writing and orally
- Be computer literate with practical experience of CMMS systems
Ideally the successful candidate will have experience of:
- Preventative maintenance, fault finding, installing, repairing servicing and testing of medium voltage and low voltage power systems, automatic sequence controls, AC and DC medium voltage machines and generators
- Servicing and repair of equipment used on cranes and lifts e.g. safety devices, control and protective devices
- Adjustment and alignment of electrical and magnetic contact surfaces in circuit breakers and contactor gear
- Adjustment of electrical rotating machines such as correct alignment of transmissions, drives and radial clearances, and equalisation of air gaps
- Fault finding on and repair of hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Repair of OHT cranes, compressors and other ancillary equipment
If you are interested in this role, please apply on Glatfelter’s website to be considered or submit a CV and covering letter to Lydneyfirstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not reach out to executives or individuals directly. Thank you.