Total Rewards Analyst
Located at our Corporate Headquarters in Charlotte, NC, Glatfelter is seeking a Total Rewards Analyst, who will report directly to the Manager, Global Total Rewards. The Total Rewards Analyst will administer the employee and management rewards programs in order to attract, retain and reward global talent. This role is responsible for global HR related projects, policies, and programs including US benefits administration and implementation and execution of all global compensation programs. As a subject matter expert, this Total Rewards Analyst will partner with field HR Business Partners, hiring managers, and leadership on job descriptions and recommend programs to incentivize and reward employee performance. This role will support a variety of HR systems, projects, and process improvement initiatives and will conduct analyses for global job evaluations, internal equity, external market analysis, and support executive compensation and benefits program administration and communication. This position assists with the development of new or modified plans and global employee benefits and policies, providing recommendations throughout development and supports setup of new programs. Additionally, this position is responsible for providing analytical and project management support for various global total rewards initiatives.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Administer annual global compensation process for merit and incentive programs, including salary surveys, and budget preparation.
- Leverage compensation programs and initiatives related to ensure alignment with merit pay, incentive plans, job evaluations, and other compensation matters.
- Benchmark global positions to recommend internal salary changes and global merit guidelines.
- Perform global compensation analyses of positions as required, using internal comparators and external market data.
- Assist the recruitment process by grading positions conducting compensation analyses and making total rewards recommendations.
- Support the executive compensation processes and external reporting requirements.
- Daily administration of the US benefits programs for all active employees and retirees.
- Assist with managing external vendors for both project and daily operations.
- Prepare and execute, with legal consultation, benefits documentation, such as original and amended plan texts, agreements, and insurance policies.
- Ensure compliance with ERISA and other legal requirements including but not limited to annual updates and communication of plan documents and summary plan descriptions.
- Assist in preparation of audits, reports and applications required by law to be filed with federal and state agencies, such as the IRS, DOL, insurance commissioners, and other regulatory agencies.
- Review and analyze changes to state and federal laws pertaining to benefits and report necessary or suggested changes to management.
- Act as liaison between employees, retirees, and vendors to quickly and effectively resolve outstanding issues, inquiries, and complaints regarding global rewards programs.
- Draft and deliver employee communications for global compensation processes, annual US benefits open enrollment, rewards plan changes or updates, and other communications as required. Advise and counsel management and employees on existing programs.
- Develop recommendations for new plans or modify existing plans to help maintain company’s competitive position in labor market. Evaluate and compare existing company programs with those of other employers by analyzing other plans, surveys, and other sources of information.
- Analyze, recommend, and implement continuous improvement initiatives across assigned HR processes to increase efficiency and reduce costs.
Experience & Education:
- Education – bachelor’s degree in HR, Business Administration, Finance or related field required.
- Required Experience:
- 2+ years related human resources experience
- Experience with a publicly traded company
- Previous experience with administering rewards programs
- Computer Skills – Demonstrated advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 products; Advanced excel skills.
- Travel – Up to 5-10% travel may be required as necessitated by projects and assigned work streams.
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills required – Professional maturity, self-awareness, sound judgment and a high level of discretion and integrity.
- Strong analytical, research, problem solving, and project management skills with ability to identify problems and present viable solutions.
- Ability to form productive relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, including employees at all levels and external sources such as vendors, governmental agencies, etc.
- Demonstrated planning and organization skills, with high attention to detail.
- Positive attitude, flexible and able to independently manage projects and workload in a fast-paced environment.
- Solution focused and results oriented.
- Continuous improvement mindset with excellent customer service skills
If you are interested in this role, please apply on Glatfelter’s website to be considered. Please do not reach out to executives or individuals directly. Thank you.