Warehouse Material Handler
Located in Old Hickory, Tennessee, the Warehouse Material Handler will be responsible for receiving, storing and distributing material, tools, equipment and products within the warehouse or distribution center.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Loads and unloads product to and from delivery vehicles and designated storage areas within the warehouse.
- Reads production schedule, customer orders, work orders, shipping orders, or requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered or distributed within the warehouse or distribution center.
- Performs all tasks in a safe manner, complies with all safety rules including ZES and confined spaced entry.
- Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves or in bins according to predetermined sequence; such as size, type, style, color or product code.
- Conveys materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or other designated areas in the warehouse.
- Uses equipment such as an RF gun to find and pick products for order.
- Utilize warehouse management systems (WMS) to process orders (outbound/inbound), restock facility, and follow inventory guidelines and other tasks as necessary to the successful operation of the distribution center.
- Fills requisitions, work orders or request for materials, tool or other stock items accurately and timely.
- Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves, or conveys orders to packing station or shipping department.
- Marks materials with identifying information.
- Opens bales, crates and other containers.
- Records amounts of materials or items received or distributed.
- Weighs or counts items for distribution to ensure conformance to company standards.
- Arranges stock parts in specified sequence for assembly by other workers.
- Inspects products for defects prior to packing for shipping.
- Unloads tricks and places materials in proper location in the warehouse.
- Enters and maintains inventory records on the computer.
- Prepares parcels for mailing.
- Cleanse warehouse and performs routine housekeeping.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Accountable for achieving Key Performance Measures; Safety, Quality, Uptime and Yield.
- Participates on Lean Manufacturing/Process Improvement teams.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 1-3 months of related experience
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Ability to perform these operations using units of American currency and weight measurement, volume and distance
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong Leadership skills
If you are interested in this role, please apply on Glatfelter’s website to be considered. Please do not reach out to executives or individuals directly. Thank you.