Leveraging leading technology, Glatfelter has supplied DYNACAP®, a long-fiber, kraft and specialty-fiber solution, for trillions of capacitors worldwide.
Our DYNACAP® electrolytic capacitor solution is the premier cellulose-based component in the global manufacture of aluminum electrolytic capacitors. As a partner and licensee of DreamWeaver™, Glatfelter also offers separator solutions for supercapacitor and other energy storage applications.
Contact us for more product information or to speak with a sales representative in your area
Why Choose Glatfelter Capacitor Solutions?
- Superior electrolyte absorption
- Low ESR (Equivalent Series Resistance) contributes to low heat generation
- Low DF (Dissipation Factor)
- Good strength
- High breakdown voltage
- From 0.30 to 0.95 g/cm3 density
Inclined Wire Technology
- Ability to produce thin and light webs
- Regular and superior absorption of the electrolyte
- Perfect consistency in thickness and basis weight
- Worldwide leadership position in lightweight long-fiber materials
- Basis weight down to 9.0 g/m²
- Regular ultra-low ESR of the impregnated material
- Best compromise in sheet formation – tensile strength and low ESR
Flat Wire Technology
- Production of material with higher density for high- and medium-voltage applications
- Consistency in thickness and basis weight
Many of our capacitor materials contain sustainable abaca fibers, which are delivered from Glatfelter’s own dedicated pulp production site in the Philippines. This allows us to provide you with unrivaled consistency in quality and supply. Our kraft materials are produced with PEFC certified pulp (PEFC /04-31-2118).
|GM||0.30-0.75 g/cm3||30, 40, 50, 60 μm||Manila||Simplex, low ESR range|
|GMK||0.30-045 g/cm3||30, 40, 50, 60, 75 μm||Manila Kraft||Simplex, low ESR range|
|GMBK||0.54 g/cm3||50 μm||Manila Kraft||Simplex, low ESR range|
|GK||0.50-0.70 g/cm3||18, 20, 25, 30, 40, 50, 60, 75, 90 μm||Kraft||Simplex|
|GK||0.80-0.95 g/cm3||12, 15, 18, 20, 25, 30, 35 μm||Kraft||Simplex, medium to high dialectic strength|
|GK||0.65-0.90 g/cm3||30, 35, 40, 45, 50, 60, 70, 80 μm||Kraft||Duplex, medium to high dialectic strength|
|GT (preliminary)||0.58 g/cm3||30 μm||Specialty||Simplex separator|
|GT (preliminary)||1.0 g/cm3||18 μm||Specialty||Simplex separator|