Glatfelter is a leading global supplier of engineered materials. Our ongoing portfolio transformation is creating a more stable, growth-oriented business, coupled with a leaner cost structure and a new operating model. Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Glatfelter’s annual revenues are over $1 Billion. Our 3,250 employees serve customers in more than 100 countries.
Located at the Caerphilly site, Glatfelter is seeking a Production Operator to join our team. Working on a 24/7, 5 shift pattern, the successful candidate will be a self-motivator with a keen eye for detail.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensuring a safe place of work, and where appropriate, suggesting safety improvements
- Adhering to all quality procedures and processes
- Following a ‘right first time’ approach to production
- Setting up machines to meet the production plan
- Reacting to downtime in a proactive and controlled manner
- Liaising with the shift forklift truck driver to ensure the correct material is available to process
- Suggesting process improvements when identified
- Working as part of a team
- Recording all process data via the internal IT system
- Taking ownership for all the paper that is produced on their machine
Competencies & Experience:
- Somebody who understands that Safety is top priority and Quality is a very close second
- Somebody with a background in reel-to-reel Rewinding and inspection experience
- Somebody with coating, packaging, printing and/or metalizing experience
- Ideally, we are looking for someone with reel to reel production experience
- Somebody who is pro-active and self-motivating
- Good verbal communication skills
- Good numeracy skills
- Good computer skills with working knowledge of data capture computer systems
- Must be team orientated
If you are interested in this role, please apply on Glatfelter’s website to be considered. Please do not reach out to executives or individuals directly. Thank you.