Policies and Certifications
Our policies and certifications reflect our commitment to environmental, economic and social sustainability. We strive to achieve the highest standards when it comes to our operations, employees, customers and environment.
Our Management Policies
Glatfelter is committed to operating responsibly and addressing the concerns and needs of our stakeholders. Our commitment to sustainability and acting as a responsible corporate citizen is rooted in our heritage and based on our Core Values of Integrity, Financial Discipline, Mutual Respect, Customer Focus, Environmental Responsibility, and Social Responsibility. We operate our business in line with these values, and we contribute to the health and well-being of millions of people by using plant-based fibers to create engineered materials that impact and enhance everyday lives. Download our Sustainability Policy.
Our concern for the environment guides everything we do. We;
- Empower employees to take personal responsibility for awareness and control of environmental issues on the job
- Comply with environmental laws and regulations and voluntary principles to which we subscribe
- Prevent pollution by using natural resources efficiently, reducing waste, encouraging recycling and reuse, and reducing adverse environmental impacts that may be caused by its operations
- Maintain and continually improve an environmental management system with the goal of improving environmental performance
- Purchase wood and natural fibers from sustainably managed sources
- Consider a company’s environmental management practices as part of our due diligence process when assessing mergers and acquisitions
Health and Safety
Health and Safety are embedded in our core values of integrity, respect for co-workers and social responsibility. We fulfill our commitment by;
- Providing a workplace committed to the prevention of injury and ill health for all people at all sites
- Involving all employees at every level of our organization in all aspects of our safety and health programs
- Ensuring that people at all levels of the organization are aware, and recognize the value of their personal responsibilities for health and safety compliance and performance
- Ensuring safety and health programs meet applicable laws, regulations and other requirements at all locations
- Developing and implementing a health and safety management system rooted in the principle of continuous improvement of safety performance
Quality, Hygiene and Product Safety
Our quality, hygiene and product safety management systems not only regulate and monitor the conformity of our products, but also ensure that controls are correctly defined and maintained. We maintain good manufacturing practices in order to meet all customer and legal requirements. Our prevention programs are integrated to make sure we exercise all due diligence so that our products meet the required standards.
Glatfelter believes that respect for human rights and ethical business conduct are fundamental to doing sustainable, socially responsible business throughout the world. We recognize international principles of human rights as expressed in the United Nations Declaration of Human Rights and by the International Labour Organization (ILO). Download our Human Rights Policy.
Certifications by Site
|Fort Smith, AR, US||check||check|
|Gatineau, QC, CA||check||check||check|
|Mount Holly, NC||check||check||check|