Located in Asheville, NC the Production Operator is responsible for the daily operations of a non-woven production line ensuring a quality product, maintaining a safe environment and achieving desired key performance measurements. Processes include opening, carding, entangling, drying, calendaring, winding, slitting and packaging equipment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Team player – give and receive feedback
- Performs all tasks in a safe manner, complies with all safety rules including ZES and confined spaced entry. Identifies and reports unsafe operations to the Team Lead immediately.
- Follows all company policies.
- Works under the guidance of the Team Lead to perform and complete the assigned duties in timely manner.
- Inspects equipment to identify any replacements, malfunctions and repairs. Recommends improvements.
- Changeover process: setup the production equipment and supplies before executing the job orders. Ensure product recipe compliance.
- Ensures all process parameters are set as per the recipe or within the acceptable range defined by Process to ensure a quality product.
- Brings samples to the lab per defined inspection plan. Report any Quality issue with incoming raw material or finished good materials to the Team lead and to Quality.
- Fills all Process and Quality records as requested. Reports any changes for process parameters, any issues with equipment as needed to the Team Lead and to Process engineers.
- Performs preventive maintenance per defined schedule. Operator PM’s are completed and signed-off.
- Performs routine or minor maintenance of equipment. Assists to remove chokes, to replace belts and other routine maintenance. Participates in card repair such as rewiring and card set-ups.
- Troubleshoots process and equipment issues using analytical trouble shooting and other tools.
- Drives forklift to move various items in manufacturing area. Complies with FIFO system for raw materials.
- Maintains housekeeping expectations (clean and organized). Fills housekeeping audits and reports findings.
- Contributes to waste management programs.
- Uses JHI operating system for O&B, carding, entangling, winder and slitter operations. Ensure full traceability by scanning raw material and finished goods.
- Attends all training classes that are scheduled for the operators.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 2 years manufacturing experience
- Very good computer skills
- Good mechanical skills
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Ability to work flexible hours (12-hour rotating shifts)
If you are interested in this role, please apply on Glatfelter’s website to be considered. Please do not reach out to executives or individuals directly. Thank you.